Reunited

After he and Ruby had been given the chance to go to Beacon they both went back to Patch to tell Tai and Yang. 

The two make their way to the front door and stand side-by-side.

Ruby: "You ready?" 

Y/N: "Think they'll be annoyed at me for not visiting?" 

Ruby: "Depends where you've been." 

Y/N starts to look a little nervous but Ruby giggles. 

Ruby: "Just kidding." 

Y/N takes a deep breath as Ruby opens the door and he enters slowly after her. As they enter they hear Tai from upstairs.

Tai: "Ruby is that you?" 

Ruby: "Yes and I brought someone with me!" 

The two can hear Tai slowly coming down the stairs.

Tai: "Who did you bri-" 

He sees Y/N, who stands awkwardly. He walks up to him and pulls him into a tight hug.

Tai: "Yang get down here!"

Yang comes down the stairs quickly.

Yang: "What's up Dad?" 

As she gets down the stairs Tai lets go of Y/N and Yang sees him, she barrels towards him. She goes to hug him but the two of them fall over due to Yang's momentum. 

Y/N: "It's good to see you too."

Yang: "I can't believe you're back." 

Tai: "Where have you been anyways?" 

Y/N: "Well... everywhere. I've been all over Remnant." 

Ruby: "What have you been doing?" 

Yang and Y/N get to their feet. 

Y/N: "Just been doing jobs for anyone who needed it. Like taking care of Grimm, catching some criminals, all sorts of things." 

Tai: "Like a huntsman without a license?" 

Y/N: "Yeah, I guess that sums it up pretty well." 

Yang: "Isn't that illegal?" 

Y/N: "Yes but it doesn't really matter now. Wanna tell them why Ruby?" 

Ruby: "Yep! Y/N and I are coming to Beacon with you Yang!" 

Yang stares at the two for a second before looking at Tai and then back at them again.

Yang: "Are you messing with me?" 

Y/N and Ruby shake their heads. 

Y/N: "We're not messing with you, we met the headmaster tonight and he invited both of us to Beacon and as long as we pass the initiation, we're in." 

Yang stares at the two of them for a second before pulling them both into a bone-crushing hug. Ruby squirms in her sister's arms trying to get away. Y/N, on the other hand, accepts his fate.

Ruby: "Yang, let go! You're gonna kill us!" 

 Yang eventually lets go of the pair, they both let out a sigh and hold their ribs. 

Y/N: "Your grip has gotten stronger that's for sure."

Yang rubs the back of her neck and lets out an awkward laugh. 

Yang: "Sorry about that." 

- - - - -

They all sat down and spent some time catching up. The sisters filled Y/N in on how their training had been going. Tai told Y/N what he had been up to and how Qrow was doing, which Y/N appreciated despite the resentment that he was still harbouring for the drunkard. The two sisters then forced Y/N to tell them stories about the things that he had been doing while on the road and he was happy to oblige.