Something Seems Strange 2

The time was 3:33 p.m. where the sun is still obscured by clouds. In the kitchen, where I was helping her in washing the dishes we had eaten on earlier, only a torrent of water from the faucet could be heard.

"Couldn't it just be misplaced?" I broke the silence.

"No, we don't use those inside the house or when leaving," she replied as she wiped her hands. "Couldn't the White Man have taken them?" She jested.

"Or maybe someone else took it?"

"Oh... Possibly because the week before last week and last week a few people visited our residence. First, my mom's co-worker and friend, Roberta. Second, my twin cousins, Flim and Flam, and Aunty Fiddle. Then the neighbour who gave a fruit cake to my mother, Mrs. Magna. As I remember, they all came to our backyard."

We tried to find the lost slippers all over the house after we finished cleaning the dishes, but we got tired of looking for it.

"I'm pretty sure it's always just found in the shoerack for the backyard," she remarked, exhaustedly resting on the couch.

We decided to abandon our quest and devise a new strategy. She offered me to go up to the second story of their house after we had rested for a while. She got two bags from an antiqued closet, and we returned to the ground floor.

"Use this."

"???"

She handed me a bag and took me into the bathroom. "Now, take off your clothes!"

"Eh???!"

"I mean, change your clothes."

"... For what reason?"

"It's part of strategy, trust me!"

She giggled and shut the door.

"I'll wait for you here for 5 minutes!"

A female detective suit appeared as I unzipped the bag she handed me.

"Um... Ma'am? I guess, we have a situation here."

"What situation?"

"It's a female uniform!"

"Yep, use that. Also the wig!"

"A wig?"

"Yes!"

I checked to see whether it had, and it did.

"???!... I will never use this!"

"Use it! That's not embarrassing. That's called crossplaying!"

"I'm going out!"

"No, you can't! Wear that first!"

Isn't this some kind of torture?

"I don't want!"

"If you don't wear that, I won't help you become fluent!"

"Please don't!"

I'm even being blackmailed!

"Alright, you'll have a reward for me later when you wear it!"

I don't think I have any other choice except to wear the costume she handed me.

I'm not even sure how to put this skirt on!

"It's been 15 minutes; I'm going to open it!"

"Wait! I'm not done ye–"

As she opened the door, she caught a sight of me in the aperture wearing a skirt without a shirt.

She slammed the door shut.