Chapter 4 ☆ Heartbroken...

(okay this chapter may be a little shittier bec i didnt plan for the last chap to end like that- so this is kinda an extra chapter and i didnt draft it...)

========================

The bell rang obnoxiously loud as I sighed, getting off the toilet seat as I wiped my tears away with my sleeve.

Exiting the cubicle, I looked at the mirror which was literally right infront of me, noticing how messy my hair was and that my face was red from crying so much, my cheeks a rosy red whilst my eyes were literally so puffy it looked as if I got stung by bees.

I paid it no mind, leaving the toilet like nothing ever happened, no one pays attention to me anyways, they would not be able to tell that I cried like a fool I was.

Grumbling, I walked towards my class slowly, taking my own sweet time before entering through the back door.

To my surprise, I was greeted with unbelievably many pairs of eyes eyeing at me in shock. Oh wow, they only notice my presence when I don't want them to.

I rolled my eyes before heading to my seat, dragging my chair out to sit. The day then painfully continues.

• • •

I grabbed my bag, texting Yae to drive her car to my school instead of waiting for me to walk home, I seriously didn't want to meet Kazuha, best thing was, he lives literally 5 minutes away from my house, meaning my chances of bumping into him was high.

I walked out to the hallway as I was deep in thought, not looking at where I was going. What was I to Kazuha? Am I just someone in his life? He calls me his close friend and yet I don't know so much about him. For the past 10 years...what was I to him? He didn't even bother to tell me his crush.

I felt sick again, my chest aching painfully as I gritted my teeth. I suddenly bumped into someone, making me fall back on my ass as I furrowed my eyebrows in pain.

"Ow...what the fuck?"

I said, clearly annoyed. I knew it was my fault for not paying attention to my surroundings but I didn't really care. I just wanted to leave.

"I'm sorry- are you okay..?"

A familiar voice. I immediately whipped my head up. Well, of course, it was Kazuha. Oh how lucky I am.

I clicked my tongue in displeasure. He held out his hand to help pull me up. I slapped his hand away, standing up by myself before I looked at him in his eyes coldly. God, I've rarely acted like this when with Kazuha, forget about that, I never acted like that towards him.

"Scara...? What's wrong?"

Ah, that worried look. It's not his fault and I knew it, I just hate the fact that he didn't even tell me something like a simple crush. Call me an annoying busybody all you want but what's the point of calling me a 'close friend' when you can't even tell me something as simple as a mere crush.

"None of your business."

I said in a rather rude way, I felt slightly guilty as I clutched on my shirt tightly.

"Oh hey Kazu, who's this?"

A feminine voice, a rather soothing one. It was undeniably Lumine.

"Oh you're back from the toilet, let me introduce you to my friend, Scaramouche."

So I'm just a friend huh. Not even a close friend. I gritted my teeth. All the guilt I felt just now when being rude to Kazuha dissipated. He deserved it. Now that he has a girlfriend I'm nothing to him aren't I? How foolish of me to think that I was atleast his close friend. I can't believe I fell for such an asshole.

I felt tears trying to leave my eyes as I quickly turned away and ran towards the exit. I ran and ran, till Kazuha's voice was faint enough, indicating that he was far enough before my tears finally spilled out of my eyes. Why was I crying like an idiot again? I just decided I was going to hate him. I don't get it.

I cried uglily, walking towards the school gate as I saw Yae's car. Just as I was about to open the car door I felt a tight hand grip around my wrist.

I jolted at the sudden contact and turned around slightly. Oh. it was Kazuha.

"What are you doing? Let go of me."

I scowled as I tried pulling away from him.

"Scara..? Are you...crying? Did I do something?"

He said, voice cracking. Shit, he saw my tears. Panicking, I finally looked up to him and god he was beautiful... His snow white hair sticking to his neck and face, drenched with sweat as he panted for air. His face flushed red from running so much and that worried look in his cherry red eyes... I could stare at him all day----- I shook my head. I must have gone mad.

"You won't understand, so let. go."

I said, sounding impatient. I actually didn't want him to let go of my wrist but sometimes, I knew I just have to get over with some things..

"I'm not letting go until I get my explanation scaramouche."

I was shocked. How dare he? How selfish. How unfair. Just like that, I snapped.

"BECAUSE I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU SO MUCH. THIS IS UNFAIR. YOU'RE UNFAIR."

I shouted everything in a breath, my face red from screaming so much. I was going to cry again. In fact, I already am. I wiped my tears from my face.

I peeked over to Kazuha and I saw his hurt face. I really went overboard this time.

He let go of my wrist as I pulled my hand back harshly, immediately turning to face the car while I opened the door to enter.

After closing the car door, Yae drove away, my whole family was silent while they gave small, worried peeks at me. They probably heard the conversation.

Even Mona, who was currently sitting beside me was not being annoying as per usual. Ei was infront, sitting next to the driver's seat (where Miko was seated at) and of course, she was silent like a doll as usual, and yet I still saw her peeking at me worriedly. Oh now she's pitying me?

As we drove further away from the school gates, and kazuha, I looked out at the window to look at Kazuha.

He was staring at me with a saddened look on his face. That sight was enough to make me feel like my heart was stabbed with a sharp knife. I faced the front again as I felt my tears involuntarily spill out.

Was this really for the best...?

Chapter 4 Heartbroken... , End.

========================

A/N
I FOLLOWED THE UPDATE SCHEDULE THIS TIME.

word count(exclusive of a/n): 1146