𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗

The last bell goes off at Midtown high, and students flood out the front door. Among them is a young man wearing a white and green hoodie. He makes his way to the parking lot where his scooter bike is parked on one of the bike racks.

 He makes his way to the parking lot where his scooter bike is parked on one of the bike racks

You rode back to your house in the suburb. Placing your bike in the garage and walking inside, you were greeted by your dad who was cooking dinner.

Max: Hey buddy! How was school?

(Y/N): Pretty good. Made the baseball team.

Max: That's awesome! That's what I'm talking about! Hey, what time you got?

You looked at your wrist watch.

(Y/N): 3:00

Max: Alright, another 30 minutes.

Just then a woman walks through the door.

Verdona: How are my favorite men doing?!

Max: Doing great now! Our son made the team at school!

Verdona: Oh my gods!

She immediately envelops you in a tight hug. At the same time, she takes her natural Skrull form.

(Y/N): Can't... breathe...

She quickly lets go.

Verdona: Sorry baby.

(Y/N): I got some homework to do. I'll be back down for dinner.

You then made your way upstairs. Your parents couldn't help but watch you.

Max: How often do you think he thinks about it?

Verdona: It's been three years. I'd say often.

In your room, you're sitting down at your desk working on a history assignment about ancient Egypt. It's hard not to mention that the galvin helped out a little. You looked over at your authentic WWII Captain America poster hanging on your wall. You missed being a hero, just like your hero.

(Y/N): Such a step down from savior of the universe.

A short while later, you were sitting down at the table eating with your parents.

Max: So you guys see that Tony Stark guy on the news? Guy has a metal suit calling himself "Iron Man".

Verdona: I still can't believe that earth technology is that far.

(Y/N): Yeah, it's pretty cool. Although I'm pretty sure the suit of armor thing has been done already.

Max: He's got nothing on you though.

(Y/N): I don't have the Omnitrix or Ultimatrix anymore dad. You don't have to do that.

Verdona: Your dad's just trying to-

(Y/N): I know mom. I made up my mind three years ago, it's not gonna change now.

You finished your meal and placed your plate in the sink before going upstairs. Your mom and dad just watch. This isn't the first time they've tried to bring up this conversation.