Surprise

~   Karen and Rhiannon sat at the table talking about Rhis' online studies. Stevie walked down.  "Are we ready to go!?" Rhi looked up raising an eyebrow.."you know..you're awfully dressed up for us going to a fancy...Ish lunch mom." "Oh I am not Rhiannon! Let's just go." She walked with them getting into the SUV. They buckled in. Stevie fiddled with her rings. Rhi sighed.."you're up to something aren't you?!" "Rhiannon..I am not..we're going to a nice lunch...I already told you." "Uh huh...you're acting the way you do everytime we go somewhere and Dad will be there." "And what way is that Rhi? Huh? Again...going to lunch.."  "messing with your rings...you twirl your foot around.." "RHIANNON!" "And you get hostile..." Stevie turned the radio on loudly sitting back in the seat shaking her head. Karen smirked to herself knowing Rhi read her mother like a book, and she knew her cues like the back of her hand. She drove,  happy that she hadn't laughed out loud at the entire hilarious conversation.
      A few minutes later Karen looked at stevie..shit..hey we gotta take a detour boss..I forgot we have to go check out this building that Dave wanted you to do a photoshoot at." "Now?" Stevie asked playing along with this entire planned conversation. "Yeah I forgot I told him I would text him and let him know what you thought..sorry" stevie sighed,hoping Rhi bought her pitiful acting skills. Rhi raised an eyebrow again.karen pulled off the exit driving down a side road to a Grand building with Tiffany Windows. "Ohhh this really is nice Karen." Since they had asked everyone coming to park in the back it looked as though the lot was empty.
Stevie and Karen got out. Stevie opened Rhiannon's door. "Want to come check it out Rhi?"  Rhi shrugged.  I Think I will keep texting my friend and stay in the car. Stevie internally sighed. "Let me rephrase that...cmon Rhi I want your opinion." She got out following. Karen looked around going to the doors. "You think it's unlocked?" "Oh I doubt it karen, does Dave have the number of it's owner?" Stevie played along. Karen tugged the door opening it. "Holy shit it's open!" Stevie faked surprise. Rhi walked in with them  "wow these windows are really something."  Karen walked to another set of wooden double doors.  "Hey guys..let's try these." Rhi pulled one of the handles opening it. "Surprise!!!!!" everyone yelled. "I KNEW YOU WERE ACTING WEIRD!!!" she yelled,  giggling. Stevie laughed as the 2 of them walked in. Karen ran back to get the bag of gifts. Lindsey walked up, he hugged Rhi. "Happy birthday Princess." "Thanks Dad." He smiled. His wife walked up. "Happy birthday." "Thank you." She repeated. Stevie walked past her going to a little stage that was set up. She turned on a mic the dj had hooked up. "Thank you to everyone who showed up for our little girl who..isn't too little anymore's birthday. We appreciate it. We hope you have fun. Feel free to dance. Help yourself to some food. Hang out. Enjoy everyone! And happy birthday Rhiannon!" Rhi giggled. Stevie walked off stage and went to get a plate of food as Karen sat stevie's gifts on the gift table. The band and other friends chatted. Chris showed up alone and was sitting with everyone. Rhi danced with some friends and talked with people. Lindsey and his wife sat next to each other at another table of friends. Stevie got up. "Excuse me..I'll  be right back. She smiled." Walking to the restrooms. 5 minutes went by Lindsey got up. He kissed his wife's cheek. "Gotta piss be back." She smiled nodding still talking to mutual friends. Rhi watched him get up and go into the same bathroom. She sighed and glanced at Karen who had noticed as well and tried to fake not noticing. Rhi ate and talked to her best friends internally getting frustrated knowing her mom and dad hooking up again was a recipe for yet another disaster. They always did this. They hooked up, got lovey for a while, then it blew up and she had to listen to them have it out for months on end.  She kept an eye on the bathrooms and about 10 minutes later when linds walked out first Rhiannon  walked to the bathroom karen tried to stop her but failed. She stood outside the door with her arms crossed. As stevie started to walk out she nearly bumped into Rhi , slightly jumping from surprise. "RHI! shit I didn't know you were standing there...." "how long have you been there?" ...