Chapter 5.1

A/N:hello! Remember when I didn't really write any Pelion chapters and it just consisted of chapter 5 which was a summary? Well I feel like I am not emotionally ready to write the war chapters yet so I am giving you some flashbacks from Pelion. Introducing a character who was really important to our main character.
Paulina Chavez as Melanippe (Hippe), Chiron's oldest child.
(I don't think there is enough evidence to suggest she was the first but I love older sister representation in media lol)

It was out second year In Pelion. I think for the first time in my lifetime I could fully define the world home. On the one hand, the place one grew up in was expected to be considered their home. Theoretically, that should be the caves in the depths of the ocean for me. I won't deny I have a lot of happy memories filled with joy and love there. My mother used to braid my hair every night and tell me stories until I fell asleep. But a mortal craves to be feel ground beneath their feet. A person craves to live a life without fearing they would disappoint someone. One the other hand, my people would expect me to consider Phthia my home, I had only spent a few days there. And I associate it with duty, duty is the death of freedom. Duty is inescapable but it's doom.

Pelion has given me peace. I thought that the training would be tiresome and would feel somewhat like duty. But it was nothing like duty. Training is not what I would call it. Rather simple, slow living with a few lessons along the way. Learning how to fight is not what we are mainly taught. Chiron has taught us all sort of things.About how to identify plants and how to use honey to heal wounds. All that while showing incredible kindness and compassion. Most people describe centaurs as being feral and uncivilized. He is nothing like that. He was treated the three of us as if we were his own. I know he probably does that with all the people he has taught over the years but that is not good enough reason to not praise him.

My stay in this mountain thankfully also gave me the chance to get to know my brother and my self better. We have much in common, Achilles and I. I am glad he is not the kind of boy that would think of any woman or girl as invalid. He is very respectful and kind. I really do care for him and I am sure that so does he. We have been trying those two past years to fill the gap that spending all these years apart created. I believe we are pretty close. When we aren't being taught anything or aren't helping around the household. We -along with Patroclus- like exploring the mountain. Running around, tasting the freedom as we feel the burning in our lungs.
A/N: "Sarah runs to feel the burning in her lungs"
-Sarah by Alex G.
Now that I've mentioned Patroclus it is rather important to note that we now get along quite well. I was wrong to quickly judge him because of my mother's words. I can see why my brother likes him. What really made me feel certain he was nothing like I thought of him as thought was his behavior. Even though my dislike for him was more than obvious he remained polite. If anyone treated me like that they would certainly not getting away with it. I shortly after also learned of his life before he got to Phthia. He trusted me enough to tell me when we became friends. His father had no right to treat him like that. I glad he ended up here where he is appreciated.