Chapter 22

Last time on The High School Life Of An Anthropomorphic

Akane and Yukino come ever so closer to the buffalo which after a few seconds hears them coming,the lone animal turns around and blows air from its nose as a warning message albeit without managing to intimidate them at all, Akane bites at it's legs while Tsukiko swiftly cuts off it's breathing, killing it. The kill is a quick one so that the buffalo doesn't suffer.

The whole Japanese Savannah is in chaos as the animals that were lucky enough not to get cornered by the Anthropomorphics frantically panick and make all kinds of different noises alerting any prey animals that are close enough to them which causesp
the other animals to run around scared that they would be next and knowing they could truly be next.

All ten of the girls at different times from one another transform back into their human forms before covering their kills with whatever they could find and the girls then all whistle as loudly as they can to find each other and then they regroup near Tora and Shishana's kill after finding eachother seeing as they are all done with their hunting for the whole entire day.

Kireitsune speaks up first asking "Hey Tora and Shishana what is it you two caught? I'm sure you caught something big seeing as the two of you are the ultimate land predators".

Tora replies "We came across a herd of Elephants and scared them off and caught the remaining one, it was easy, I mean we're stronger than regular biggest cats".

Shishana then adds on "Yeah that Elephant was so paralyzed with fear it almost couldn't move".

Chitayna says "Me and Hyōna found two Baboons,I killed one quickly and we both killed the other one".

Hyōna adds on "Chitayna made the one suffocate and then we took
the other one down together".

Jackie then says "Kireitsune and I scared the holy hell out of some Antelope and one froze in fear."

Kireitsune adds "We had surrounded it so it couldn't flee,we killed it quickly, not wanting it to suffer".

Gina then says "Me and Tsukiko startled a herd of Water Deer and they ran and I cornered one and killed it".

Tsukiko then adds on "The one I targeted ran from me for a minute after which I caught and killed it".

Akane says "Me and Yukino found a Buffalo and when it heard us it turned around and glared at us".

Yukino adds on "We of course weren't intimidated in the least and killed it quickly".

The girls were wondering where Kenji was with whatever he found to eat but after a while they figured he'd be fine wherever in the Japanese Savannah he was at that moment, they gathered a few resources with which they made something to carry meat and then carried their kills one by one to one spot.

(Where Kenji is)

Kenji thinks to himself 'I really do feel sorry for this poor animal but I need to eat, I wonder how the girls are'

Kenji then turns back into his human form but decides to keep his ears and tail out so that he can make himself stronger in that form to be able to carry the Wild Boar he had just caught like he needed to.

To Be Continued

(Now)

Kenji walks at a marching pace with the body of the Wild Boar fastened on top of a big piece of tree bark rested on top of his shoulders as he goes looking for the girls while looking at the whole Savanna panicking in fear causing Kenji to remark to himself how it is considering him and the girls are causing the uproar.

As the animals that see Kenji are panicking they freeze because they know what he could turn into and look at him while keeping their distance and watching him cautiously so as to not become his next meal and they are deathly quiet, too afraid to make a noise, not wanting to attract his attention.

Meanwhile the girls are chatting and going in the direction they saw Kenji head in when they had all set off
to get prey as they had looked back at him while going off to get their food, the thought of him makes their hearts warm as they burst out laughing seeing each other blush at their thoughts.

Kireitsune asks with an amused tone asks "Can you guys believe how we're all thinking about Kenji right now?".
Tora replies dreamily "Well he really is a very nice guy the way he helped me and easy on the eyes as well" so Jackie then adds "Yeah I may be mean to him sometimes but he is a total sweetheart all of the time, well except that one time two of us annoyed him".

Shishana says "You are just the kind of girl who struggles to admit attraction but we understand, if we didn't understand you we would have been false friends which would suck".

Tsukiko agrees "Right, we have all been friends for a long time, besides what girl wouldn't fall for Kenji?"

Yukino adds "Totally and he sees through my stoic personality and knows I also have emotions unlike the other students, except you guys all others think I'm emotionless".

Chitayna declares "If other girls tried to take him I'd make them rue the day they tried to make a move on him".

Hyōna then adds "Fortunately for us we are all your best friends so you don't worry that we also like him". Then Akane breaks the fourth wall by asking the nine other girls "Did you guys notice we have personalities like those of the Animé archetypes?" about which Gina agrees "Yeah we do don't we? Like for example Chitayna you're a Yandere but not fully though.

As they are chatting busily they see Kenji and then they go to him when he notices them.

Kenji spoke up "Hey girls, what have all you caught on your hunt? I have confidence that you all did great".

The girls proceed to tell Kenji what prey they caught although Kenji is not at all surprised, he is impressed by how well the girls did since a catch isn't always guaranteed even for Anthromorphic animals that are like them and he makes that known, after a while they eat and then decide to train a bit.

Kenji then says to the ten girls "Unlike usual I want you to pair up to train against the one opposite you in your pair so that you all can get used to training with different partners".

Tora paired up with Shishana, Hyōna paired up with Yukino, Chitayna paired up with Gina,Akane paired up with Tsukiko and Kireitsune
paired up with Jackie.

Kenji then says "Okay now that you are in your pairings you can get started on all of your sparring matches, I want you to try and learn something new from each other no matter what it is or how small it is, if it will help you in future battles against bad guys I want you to learn it, otherwise training is useless which would not help in the future".

The pairs all stood opposite their sparring partner and did a respectfull bow to each other as is the norm before a sparring match between two individuals living in Japan.

Kenji then declares "In the mean time I will be focusing on my phoenix powers and doing basic training, you girls best get to it, there's trouble brewing, I just don't know when".

As the girls get into their stances Kenji goes to one side not to far away to train his phoenix powers which could be essential in a fight in the future, he just doesn't know how far into it.