Chapter 1

"Where are we?"

"Are we safe?"

"Is this...a theater room?"

"Who transported us here?"

"Could it be lady Furina?"

"She's not the hydro archon, right? She has no power to do this."

"That's true..."

"I still don't believe it. What use is it for her to lie to us for centuries?"

"Who cares, the important thing is that she lied to us!"

"Hey, stop fighting! No matter what the truth is, the fact of the matter is that she cares about us so she must have a good reason, right?"

Such comments were spread around the theater room everyone found themselves teleported in. Ironically, even though they were all suddenly brought into a strange place, hardly anyone panicked. Instead, most were feeling calm and relieved as they saw no more primordial water.

"Where's lady Furina?" Clorinde asked Neuvillette as the two approached the group of wary people which included the Traveler, the fairy, the Spina di Rosula boss, the Duke, Sigewinne and the three Fatui children.

"She's not here," Paimon reported, having hovered above the air just moments ago to spot the people she knew like Furina and Neuvillette.

Neuvillette frowned at this, feeling worried for the woman. She might not be the real hydro archon but he still cared for her as they had spent 500 years together.

Wriothesley noticed this and immediately tried to reassure the man, "Relax, I'm sure she's safe." Besides, isn't it better for her not to be here with us? What if the person who sent us here wants us dead?"

Neuvillette wasn't assured, "I prefer for her to be here with us. That way, I can at least protect her."

"Indeed," Clorinde agreed. "I would rather be beside lady Furina in times of uncertainty."

"Why are you still calling her lady? She's not the arch-" the traveler, Aether, quickly covered Paimon's mouth.

"You should honestly learn some tact, Paimon," he hissed a little after seeing the uncomfortable looks presented by those around them.

"...It's fine," Navia assured after some time. "It-it's the truth anyway."

"I'm sure Furina has a good reason to lie," Aether told them his opinion. "I doubt she'd do it simply for fun."

"The Traveler truly is wise," a voice suddenly sounded as the group turned to the owner.

"Father," Lyney and his siblings immediately bowed.

"Arlecchino," Neuvillette greeted, his voice sounding cold with a hidden fury. "Is this, perhaps, your doing?"

The Knave scoffed at him, "Do you really think I have the power to do this without anyone knowing? Besides, if you must know, I was busy saving the lives of the Fontanians who weren't able to run fast enough to escape the crumbling Opera House."

"Fa-father also has no reason to do this," Freminet shyly said his opinion.

"Why did you say that the Traveler was wise?" Charlotte suddenly interrupted, appearing with her camera, a shine in her eyes.

Arlecchino looked at her for a moment before speaking, "Don't you think it's suspicious how easily lady Furina managed to fool everyone that she's the hydro archon for five centuries?"

"Isn't it because she's very good at acting?" Sigewinne guessed.

"Possible but highly unlikely," the Knave said. "After all, no human being can live for five centuries and act like an archon without a guide, managing to fool even the other archons."