𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

It had been two months since a mysterious man had been admitted into the hospital. He was tall, well built, with long spiky hair, and the talk of every female nurse.

Nobody knew his name, yet he's been visited by a kid and his mother, and a short bald man. He had been assigned a nurse and a doctor, since his wounds were dangerously serious and needed to be tended to 24/7. The nurse obliged to what seemed to be his every need, dressing him carefully and washing him with delicacy, careful not to tear and harm his torn body any further. She found herself slightly amused at his toned muscles and his well shaped body.

'Body of a fighter' she had thought. The only unusual timing was his brown tail which seemed to be as limp as it's owner, unmoving. Every time she picked it up to clean it, the hear monitor beeped a little faster. As it seemed, the body part was a sensitive spot, and so on she refrained from touching the furry appendage unless necessary. Around a week later, she found herself softly humming songs and telling stories to the unconscious patient.

Unbeknownst to her, he could hear her loud and clear. The unconscious man had barely shifted in his deep sleep, but could sense the soft and tender energy walking around him. It was weak as it was a human being, but he found it pure and comforting to him. His facial expression would often change, indicating how he was feeling during his deep sleep.

The nurse sometimes marveled at them, as she could inspect his teeth and their unusualty. His canines were sharp, almost as if ones of an animal, which would explain the tail, but the woman wouldn't think he'd be so humanoid if he was a humanoid monkey. Could he be an alien, her thoughts questioned. Or maybe a man born with effects of radiation? Those still happened sometimes, it'd explain the unusual teeth and tail. She was dragged out of her train of thought as the doctor instructed her to change and replace the IV fluid. Carefully, she slid her cold fingers into a drawer and pulled out a new bag of fluid and adjusted everything.

She wiped off sweat as she plugged the IV back into his skin, since it was a little dearanged from him moving in his sleep. She had thought about tying his hands to the sides of the bed, since he'd sometimes scratch and move it, so just a thought, she did so with the doctors permission. She gently tied the knots and slid his arm in the tied bit, securing it around so he couldn't get out of the bond.

Sighing, she left it at that. A month has passed and the patient still hasn't awoken. He was breathing slowly, his heart rate was also slow considering he was asleep and the nurse had started her shift once again. It was the same as always, wash, refill/change, check vitals and stand by his side to be there if he wakes up. She was on the brink of falling asleep, and as she did so, she instinctively leaned onto his bed.

_____

Once the woman had awoken, she was surprised to find the man gently petting her hair, loosely brushing his fingers through it. Another surprise was that outside the window was fully dark, and the digital clock on the shelf across the room. It read 4:33 AM. 'My shift ended hours ago..' she thought. Breaking the silence, the mystery man finally spoke.

"Mm.. Hello.. "

A hoarse deep voice said, sending chills down the woman's spine. It was quiet, yet rough and seemed to have warmth sticking to it.

"Hello."

She said, getting up.

"How are you? "

"I'm.. Rather sore, I'd hate to admit.. "
He paused.
"Can i have some water? "

"Yes, of course. One moment, please. "

...

"Here you go. "

"Thanks."

The man gave her a toothy grin, showing off his sharp canines. Smiling back softly, the woman slowly got accustomed to his smile, it being kinda scary, but she's seen it multiple times.

"Soo.. What's your name? "

His voice wavered, as if he was holding back a yell, forcing himself to be quiet for the sake of other patients asleep in the shared building.

"I'm your personal assigned nurse, Y/n. "

"Oh cool.. My names Ra-"
"Raditz. I know. "

He sent her a questioning glance at that. He didn't have personal files, unless..

"The frequent visitors gave me your name, if that's what you're thinking of. "

She replied, chuckling at his facial expression. His face lit up, as if acknowledging something that made him feel warm inside.

"Haha.. "

He laughed at what seemed to be a thought while the nurse checked his vitals.

"Well, Raditz, I've got some good and some.. Uh.. I don't know if they're considered bad, but bad news for you. Which one would you like to hear first? "

"The good ones? "

"Well, firstly, you seem to be in great condition, buuut.. The (I guess) bad ones are that you'll have to stay here for a few more days. "

"Oh.. . Well alright.. At least I'll have a pretty nurse by me, right? "

The woman blushed at this but brushed it off, it could be that the patient is still recovering from some mental shock to be acting like this.

"Right. Well, my shift ended hours ago, might as well stay here until the morning. "

"Hell yeah. "

Raditz answered, much to the girl's surprise. She laughed, it was the most out of pocket thing she had heard today. Or should she say.. Yesterday, haha, she laughed some more in her head.

➥I apologize for typos and mistakes.
    words;963
    posted on 22.4.2024.
    rewrite: /