Disclaimer

...I couldn't help myself again, Furina's story is just so...ugh! I love her, one of the best archons (she's an archon in my heart) ever!

Welcome to my story entitled "The Stage is Set: The Truth About Lady Furina de Fontaine and Focalors" or, as I secretly call it, Genshin Impact reaction story: Fontaine version! 

So, I just recently finished both the 4.2 archon quest and Furina's story quest and I have to admit, I had some problems with how Furina's character was handled. The biggest problem I had was the fact that only the Traveler and Neuvillette (no matter how shallow) learned of Furina and Focalor's pain and sacrifices for Fontaine. 

I believe that shouldn't be the case. I mean, imagine spending 500 years isolating yourself from the world and sacrificing everything just to save your nation, only to be repaid by being hated and judged by the very people you wanted to save. 

So, yeah, that's how this story came to be, hehe~

As this is a reaction fanfiction, there will be spoilers from the game, specifically 4.2 and Furina's story quest. So, if you haven't played them yet and don't want to be spoiled, please just save this book in your library and finish the quests first to gain the full joy and experience of playing said quests. 

Just some warnings, I am not extremely fluent in English so this story is bound to have grammatical errors. I don't fully understand the lore and personalities of Fontaine and its people so please correct me if I wrote a wrong information. In relation to that, some characters might be out of character (ooc) but this is based on how I perceive the characters themselves which is, naturally, not perfectly accurate considering I'm just a player and not the creator.

Please do not steal anything in this work because it is considered as plagiarism which is a crime.

Naturally, I don't own Genshin Impact. I am just a writer who fell in love with the game and story and decided to write a fanfic about it. 

I only post on Wattpad so if you find this story in another website and I don't mention it, please inform me about it.

Once again, thank you for giving this story a chance.

Hope you all enjoy and stay safe!

- AmaryOrtiz