XXVII | ELEMENTAL ROSES

꒰ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ꒱ . . . I suddenly got a burst of motivation to write another chapter, so here.

-

The two finally saw the Snow Queen who was about to attack some students that were cowering in fear. Elise stepped in in front of them while forming a protection barrier. "Mom, stop! What is happening with you?"

"Just because you have your full powers now does not give you the right to battle me, daughter." Elise sneered as her eyes glowed a darker shade of blue that Elise noticed.

'Something is definitely control her, but what? Or who?' Thoughts clouded the girl's mind as she continued to face her mother. Elsa then threw shards of ice towards her direction which broke the barrier. Elise created a lasso to tie up the queen but was destroyed in a second as the queen let out a giant force, making her stumble back hard into the ground.

"Ah, Winter's Glory, it's a good thing that we decided to celebrate it here, no? Because then, I am now able to rule over Ever After!" The Snow Queen grinned wildly as she pointed her hand towards a sky, creating a giant swirl that then locked Ever After in a harsh winter.

Elise tried to fight her off again but her body froze, being controlled by her mother. "You may have the power of ice and snow but that does not make you superior over me. Try and stop me or this whole kingdom gets it." Elsa stroked a finger on the teenagers cheek, the cold intensity sending shivers down her spine, even if the cold does not really bother her anyway.

She took notice once again of her mother's eyes where she saw a hint of a black mist circling inside it. It made her thought if that was the reason why her mother was acting different. Her body had now unfrozen but not before Elsa squeezed her hard using her powers, making her weak physically.

"I won't let you take over Ever After." Elise firmly stated as she tried to stand up. The queen just raised a brow at her with a small smirk, "Let's see you try. Until then, I won't stop you."

The Snow Queen disappeared with no trace of where she went. Elise stared at where her mother stood previously. Annie quickly ran to where her cousin was after getting some students to safety. "Elise! Are you alright?"

"No, I'm not... something's wrong with mom." Elise looked at Annie with pain in her ocean blue eyes. "There was something in her eye, like a shard almost. Was there anyone with her before all of these happened?" Annie brought a finger under her lips as if she was thinking.

"Come to think of it, there was a man who was talking to her after you left her with Dexter. If I remember correctly, he was tall and had black hair. He came off as mysterious to me." Annie explained, recalling the scene she remembers.

"He must be the one controlling my mom. We need to get to Baba Yaga." Elise explained before tumbling a bit. "How about you take a rest first? Auntie may have squeezed you quite too much." Annie helped Elise walked towards their dormitory.

'Just who was the man behind it? Why did it happen when I was not with her?'

Elise then remembered something, "Come to think of it, this scene was shown to me earlier... and the same dark mist-like I saw from mom was like the one from the forest..."

"The forest? What happened in the forest?" Annie questioned since Elise had thought quite loudly that made her puzzled of what the girl was saying. "I went to the forest earlier since there was a voice calling out to me and it formed pillars with five elements attached to it. It also showed me like the future almost."

"Pillars? Elements? You saw the future?"

"Well, it's not exactly the whole future but some bits of it. It also showed me five different roses that corresponds to the elements. And the roses were being guarded by a dark mist, like the one I saw from my mother's eyes!"