Chapter 1: Meeting the Family...and more

This is my first go at this so please be gentle with me ^.^

I sat in the bedroom with my computer, listening to my music; the internet was blocked right now otherwise I would have been letting my mom know where I was. I suddenly heard his phone go off. I looked at it on the dresser across the room. I got up and walked over to it. The name “Emmet” flashed on it and I answered it.

“Um hi.” I said, into the phone, remembering meeting him once with Edward.

“Oh, hey Bella. Where’s Edward?” Emmet asked.

“Um I think he went out.” I said, not having seen him in a while.

“Is anyone else there?”

“Um I don’t know. I haven’t left the room since he told me to lay down for a bit.”

“Well when you see him next tell him I-" Emmet was cut off by Edward swiftly taking the phone from my grasp.

“Talk to me.” Edward said, giving me a look that said “pardon me but do you think you are doing” and then mouthing “what have I told you?”

I bowed my head and went back over to the bed and put my headphones on. A few moments later Edward came over to me and sat down next to me. He made a motion for me to take out my ear buds. I followed his instructions. “You need to get all of your things together. We’re leaving and not coming back.” And then he stood and started to pack a bag of his clothes, after he threw a larger duffle bag on the bed. I put my computer and power cord in the computer case.  And started throwing all of my clothes I could find in the bag. Then on top I added my stuffed rabbit, the one I had had since I was 5. I zipped up the bag and threw my quit on the top of it and grabbed the handles, until Edward took it from me. “Do you have everything?”

“Yes. Where are we going?” I asked as I followed him out to the car.

“You’ll see. You’ll like it.” He said, as he buckled me in my seat and then walked back in the house for a moment. I looked around and noticed that it must be pretty late as the sun had just set and the sky was beautiful colors. Pinks and reds and purples.

I saw smoke coming out of the house as Edward ran out, carrying a large chest that he had kept in the bedroom. He put it in the Volvo and then closed the hatch, and climbed in.  I kept my eyes on the house as I saw the flames. The house was on fire as we pulled out of the drive way. I turned towards Edward. “Why?”

He knew what I was talking about, but chose to ignore it. “We’re going to home for a bit. Emmet and Rosalie are on their way, and Alice and Jasper are already there.”

“Edward what’s going on?” I ask, as we drive past my mother’s house.

“Some one’s on to me. They know I have you and they will be taken care of by the time we get to Carlisle’s.” he said, as he kept his eyes on the road.

“Edward, don’t hurt anyone please.” I said, looking at him, scared of him now.

He suddenly jerked his head towards me, “Bella don’t tell me what to do, I do love you and I won’t let anyone and I mean anyone take you away from me.”

I just nodded, not wanted him to get angry.  A tear ran down my face as we drove past my dad’s and I saw James’ car in the driveway. “NO!”I screamed, as we sped past. Tears ran down my face. “Not my dad.” I said, as I pulled my knees up. I curled up into a ball in the seat.

“Shh Bella, love.” Edward said, as he reached over and rubbed my back. “It’s for the best.”

I yanked away so I was propped up against the door, which had a child safe lock on it, so I was as far from Edward as possible. “I just want to go to my mom’s Edward.”