Chapter 14: Shot

Audrey's POV

*BANG BANG*

I heard that and suddenly Lily's parents made crying dog noises. Lily, Ted and I look up at them and gasped horrified. We broke the hug and the two wolves fell to ground. They were shot!!

"Aaaah!!" Lily yelled horrified and tear up immediately.

"Noooo!!" Ted, Lorax and I yelled horrified too and the wolves were making sad noises as they were shocked.

Lily immediately run to them and got on her knees and hugged them and saw they were shot in their chests and now their wounds were bleeding.

"No No! Mommy Daddy what happened to you?! Nooo😭" Lily said hugging them. Apparently they were still awake but they were starting to get unconscious.

"Audrey!" I heard that familiar voice, it was my brother. I saw he was running and put his gun away. The wolves immediately run to him and I did too with Ted, I was so upset.

"Mike! How could you?!" I said hitting him a little but he was more worried, he hugged me and I tried to let go.

"Audrey, we have to go back *takes a sword to scare the wolves* Stay away!" Mike said but the wolves were so upset.

"What have you done?! You shot them!" Ted said grabbing my hand and trying to help me let go of my brother.

Suddenly the wolves stopped grunting and turned around as Lily was howling and her parent's wound started glowing yellow. The wolves walked to her and we stayed there, watching what was happening.

Lily stopped howling and was crying, the Lorax was beside her hugging her back. Lily saw how her parents were breathing fast as their bodies were starting to become spirits. When they fully turned into spirits, they started floating and the bullets fell to the ground with no blood. The wolves were just watching as the spirit got higher and then started to move forward to the forest. The wolves followed them and Lily as well.

"Mike let me go! Please! They are dying!" I said still trying to let go.

"Audrey! Please, don't! I don't understand anything! Why do you want to go?" Mike said now sounding worried.

"Don't you get it? I'm one of them. Ted and I are Wolfwalkers too!" I said and Mike gasped.

"....No, please Audrey, I came back to be with you. Don't leave me" Mike said sad and I looked at him sad.

"Mike...." I said and he just hugged me tight.

I was shocked that he wanted to be with me.....but I couldn't leave the pack and Lily alone. So I closed my eyes and start sleeping. Suddenly I floated to the ground beside Ted and became a wolf and Mike was still holding my human body.

"Audrey!" Mike said. I looked at him sad but I already made my decision, so Ted and I run and follow the pack, leaving my brother and my sleeping body.

Back with the pack, I had Lily on my back, Ted was walking with the Lorax and we were all looking at the spirits. When we got to the wall, the spirits just kept floating to it and when they touched it, the center was shattered.

"What's happening?" Ted asked.

"Rosemary and Onceler were the ones who created this wall, now that they are hurt, their magic is also disappearing. Now, their spirits have to go back to their human bodies back in the cave" Lorax said.

As we were following the spirits, the animals of the forest saw them to and they followed us to worried. When we got to the cave, where Lily's parents' bodies were sleeping, the spirit got inside of them. When we got inside, their spirits were now inside them, but the wound formed in their chests and they were still with their eyes closed and breathing heavily.

"*gasp* Mommy...Daddy" Lily said getting off me and climbed to her parents.

"Please Mommy and Daddy *sniff* Breathe" Lily said looking at their wounds that they were bleeding.

"I've never healed wounds this bad before *sniff* It's going to take time *sniff and look at her parents* I'm not leaving you Mommy and Daddy" Lily said suddenly, she started howling, the creatures were looking at her as she raised her hand, forming a paw with her magic as she was going to do the healing spell, but suddenly my wolf instinct heard people coming to the forest. I believe Ted and Lily heard them to so she stopped the spell.

"Oh no, they found it" I said.

"We have to stop them" Ted said.

"Kids, let's do this. Audrey, you try to scared those citizens out. While you Ted, I need you.....to plant this in your town" Lorax said giving him a truffula seed.

"This is the only way to change their minds. But please, do it" Lorax said.

Ted looked at the seed and put it in his pocket.

"I won't fail you" Ted said running out of the cave.

"I'll hold them off" I said looking at Lily and then the wolves started following me as well to stop those people.