It Can Only Be Us [M]

One.

One.

One.

There Eleven goes thinking about One again. She knows he’s not supposed to be using his powers but he can’t help it. He knows better but he does it for her and she knows it. She had mentioned that she was going to take a shower, to Mike and the others. She knows they’re probably doing their own thing or even hanging out but it doesn’t stop her from wondering what One is up to.

One stares at the small globe on his desk, watching it spin around and around with his powers. He feels the trickle of blood run down his nose, stopping just before his upper lip. He smiles to himself, a small tug from the corner of his lips, as he remembers the look on Angela’s face when her legs decided to give out. He stares at the globe and watches it spin faster, thinking about the look of relief on Eleven’s face when she saw what happened to her bully. He looks up and the globe stops spinning altogether, hearing the distant sound of water hitting the floor. He remembers Eleven said she was going to shower once her, Mike, Will, and him got home. He forgets about Jonathan’s stupid attempt of a lie, saying he was going to hang out with his fool of a friend Argyle. He stands up and cleans the last of the blood from his upper lip, deciding he too needed a shower.

Eleven takes a deep breath from her nose as the water sprays over her, washing away whatever gunk that accumulated on her throughout the day. She just stands there for a moment and allows the feeling of warm water to wash away the day. She wishes how the water could do more than just wash away her dirt, wishing it could rid her of her problems as well. She sits down and allows the water to rinse over her, causing her hair to stick to her skin. Usually Joyce tries to limit hot showers due to the water bill and lack of warm water, but Joyce isn’t here right now. Joyce left early, on some trip to Alaska for a conference.

A small noise brings Eleven back to her senses as she looks up, having lost track of how long she had been sitting on the floor in her shower. She opens the shower door and peeks out, seeing One brushing his teeth at the sink of her bathroom. She opens her mouth but stops as she stares at the taller boy, confused by how he got in when she had locked the bathroom door.

“Everything alright Eleven? You’ve been like that for a few minutes now.” One questions as he spits the toothpaste out of his mouth. He rinses his mouth clean while the teen doesn’t bother to cover herself up, the two were usually quite comfortable around each other.

“How did you…?” Eleven starts only to stop herself as she notices the dried up blood from under his nose. She stares at it before watching him look at her in the mirror.

“May I join you? I also needed a shower and thought, might as well cut water bill expenses by taking one with you.” One states as he puts his toothbrush away, looking down at his sleeves as he holds onto the sink. He turns to face Eleven and notices her slowly nodding, giving her a small smile.

Eleven feels her face suddenly warm up and it’s not from the warm water. She slowly stands up and rubs her arm as she tries to distract herself. She can’t help the sneaky glances she steals from the corner of her eyes as she spots flashes of clothes being unbuttoned or unzipped. She stifles a gasp as she catches the bare skin of One’s chest and arms, playing it off as her clearing her throat.

One knows Eleven is looking, he knows she can’t help but stare and it fills him with pride to know he has such an effect on the girl. He takes his time folding his shirt and pants as he bends down to neatly place it on the floor, feeling Eleven’s eyes on him the entire time. He stands up and turns around, clasping his hands together as he has done quite a few times. “I hope you don’t mind. No one has seen me this indecent before.” he tells Eleven as she looks him in the eyes, trying to act as if she hadn’t been watching him the entire time.