▫️Preface

If I'm ever gonna fall in love, I know it's gon' be you ~ It's you

✧✧✧

Lilith Ashford was a name you'd easily hear in the hospital hallways but you wouldn't spot her easily until you were keen enough.

She was usually in the spotlight yet not clearly seen. No one concentrated enough on her until a new medic is hired and he begins showing up everywhere she is.

They say that he's cold and aloof, always minding his business and rarely interacting with the other staff but why does he keep trying to help every time Lilith finds herself in a fix?

~~~~~

"My eyes," for a moment, my hands stopped shaking and my attention instantly shifted to him.

"Look into them when you feel too overwhelmed." He uttered softly as he held the tiny palm of my hand against his.

I followed the pattern of his breathing, firmly grasping onto his hand and the edge of his white coat as the lift went up to the fortieth floor.

Not once did my eyes deter from his.

~~~~~

There's usually that one thing you've ever wanted to achieve. Have you ever thought that you could find it in a person?

Like that person literally shows up, everything matches and you find yourself saying; this is it, this is all I wanted.

Lilith had never given her heart to anyone, she was afraid of what could happen if she just let herself go.

Everyone around her seemed to be enjoying the so called love but she seemed to never make any progress with her own love life.

She was just there, half seen half recognized and it remained so for a while until he came along. The man who never seemed to see anything other than her.

She found herself slowly turning to him for anything, whether it was just speaking her thoughts or simply mentioning something random, he usually listened.

He was there for her, he helped her overcome one of her childhood fears but little did she know that he too had issues of his own.

Issues she'd never have thought would be similar to what she struggled with, the fear of love.

Love, something that everyone craved yet it seemed so hard to have. He never believed it existed, despising most interactions with people.

It was unnecessary, not of his concern, but the moment it came knocking, his firmly shut door slowly began to crack open.

After all, this love had completely changed a close friend. If Grey Marshal had fallen, then love had to truly exist.

✪ ✪ ✪

Start: 11/11/2023
End: ...

Aesthetics

You're the best thing that I've ever waited for ~ Lilith Ashford

A hand to hold and a reason to believe ~ Lorenzo Davis

▪️▫️▪️▫️

Dedicated to those who have never loved but crave to be loved though they are scared of letting themselves go.

This is purely a work of fiction.

Author's note

Hello friends, the new and old, I'm happy to see you here. To the new readers you're most welcome, to the older ones you're very much welcome too.

Wondering where I met the older ones? Don't worry, I got you. Our male lead, Lorenzo Davis, was featured in my other book 'Always, tulip' alongside some other characters.

This can be read as a stand alone but for spoilers sake, you might want to check the previous story first. This isn't a must though, you could still dive in from here.

I would like to extend my gratitude to everyone who has decided to try out this story. You're opinion, support and presence will be very much appreciated.

If you're into cute, fluffy and sweet romances with no drama between the characters, this is for you.

Lastly, I would like to wish you a lovely reading time during your stay.

(⁠๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑⁠)