CHAPTER 15

Flashback, 21 years ago:

PLACE: INDRAPRASHTHA PALACE

      Everyone in the Magical Indraprashtha Kingdom were happy.  Their Maharani, Samragyi Draupadi was in her last term of pregnancy.  She may give birth anytime.  Everyone in the palace were taking care of her.  Jagatpita and Jagatmato also arrived at Indraprashtha Palace.  They came to be with Draupadi during the birth giving time.

     At one night, Samragyi got into labor pain.  Ashtabaryas volunteered themselves that they will assist Agnisutaa.  Indraprashtha royals were waiting outside the chamber in which Panchali was in labor pain.  Arjun was pacing anxiously outside.  Draupadi was screaming a lot due to her pain.  Hearing her screams, Arjun became restless.

     Manmohan placed his hands on Arjun's shoulder and said "Calm down, Parth.  My Sakhi will overcome this pain."  On Krishna's words, Arjun became little relaxed.   Inside the chamber, the Ashtabaryas were helping Panchali.  "Drau, just few more minutes.  I can see the head of the baby.  Give a small push." encouraged Satyabhama.  Nithyayuvani gave one last and the baby came out.  The baby was held by Rukmini and it was a boy.  "Congratulation Sakhi, it is a prince." congratulated Rukmini.  

     Jambavathi moved towards Draupadi to clean her.  Just then she saw there was another head peaking from Draupadi.  Jambavan putri gasped and exclaimed loudly, "Jiji, Draupadi is having another baby.  I can see the head."   Everyone rushed towards and saw that there was another baby.  They urged Draupadi to give one push.  Draupadi gave another push and the baby come out without giving any pain to Draupadi.  The Baby was held by Mitravinda and it was a girl.  "Congratulations Drau, you are blessed with Lakshmi.  It is a princess." congratulated Mitravinda.  A tired  Draupadi got her children in her arms and kissed their forehead affectionately.

     Outside the chamber, when cry of the first baby was heard everyone elated.  Everyone congratulated Arjun.  Soon, after few moments, when they heard the second cry they were shocked as they only know that Draupadi will give birth to one child.  The second baby was a shock for them but even though they were elated.  Arjun was happy that he became father of 2 children.  Hearing the second cry, Jagat pita was very much elated as he knows who had taken birth.

     Soon, everyone were allowed inside the chamber.  Arjun rushed towards his Panchali to check whether she was okay.  Seeing his concerned eyes, Draupadi smiled assuring and uttered "Arya, I am fine.  Have a look at our children.  We are blessed with a boy and a girl."  Everyone in the chamber were happy hearing about a girl being born.  Arjun, first took the boy in his hands and saw him.  "Madhav, kindly name my son." asked Arjun.  Krishna smiled and took the baby from the Arjun.  "He will be famous for his deeds.  I name him Shrutakarma." named Madhav.  At the same time Shrutakarma opened his eyes and saw Krishna as the first face.  After naming him, he gave the baby to everyone.

     Everyone were gushing about Shrutakarma and forgot about the little girl.  Krishna and Ashtabaryas noticed this and smiled sadly.  Krishna went towards the girl's cradle and lifted her.  Sensing a movement, the girl stirred a little.  As if sensing the aura of Jagat pita, the girl smiled with closed eyes.  Seeing this, Ashtabaryas chuckled and Nagnajiti stated "Like her brother, she did not open her when she came to your arms, Arya.  I think she is the only one who can resist your charm."  Krishna smiled and said "True, Priye.  Only she can resist me.  Only she can challenge me. Only she can make changes."  Ashtabaryas smiled knowingly at what he was indicating.

    Soon, everyone came near the girl and started cooing at her how adorable was she.  Till now the baby girl didn't open her eyes.  Everyone were waiting to see the girl's eyes.  When the girl came into the arms of Jambavanputri, she opened her eyes.  

     Jambavati was mesmerized with the girl's adorable face and gasped when she saw the girl's eyes.  It was in an emerald colour.  She saw the most innocent and adorable eyes she had ever seen.  She felt a sudden urge to protect from the struggles and mishaps which she is going to face in the future.  Alas! she knows that can not be done.  Jambavati promised "Oh my little Akshi, you have captivated me with your one look.  Many things awaits for you in your destiny.  I know that I cannot shield you from everything.  There are some things which you have to go through.  But know this I will always be there for you when you need a shoulder to cry.  This is a promise of a mother to her daughter."  She saw her husband who was gazing at her with sad and proud look.  

    Arjun took his daughter in his arms and was shedding happy tears.  When he was about to say something, a voice from the sky interrupted him.  It stated "She will be the light as well as darkness.  She will be the one to give problems as well as to solve the problems.  She will be a mirror.  She will be a means for your family's sufferings.  Beware of her tears."  The prophecy made a great impact on everyone present in the chamber.  Not knowing anything, the little girl made a noise which brought everyone from the stupor.  Arjun hastily said "Madhav, name my daughter also."  

     Krishna smiled and took the girl from Arjun.  Muralidhar saw the girl and said "She is fierce.  I will name her Saagnika.  I will call her as Pari.  She will be the pari who is going to make my wish come true."  Everyone in the chamber got confused on the last line uttered by our Gopal.

     Jagannath thought "Indeed, you will be my Pari.  You will help me in this Dharmasthapna.  You will play a major role in it.  You will be going through several struggles and pains in future.  You might not be able to handle it sometimes but I will always be there for you as your guide."

    As if reading his thoughts, the little Saagnika made a happy noise.  Kanha heard it and chuckled slightly.  Little Saagnika started to doze off not knowing about the pain and betrayals which she is going to endure by her own blood family members.

To be Continued...

Many of you asked for update...so here, I am giving this in my busy schedule.. I will try to update if I get any long free hours.. Thank you