I Choose You (part 1)

Rishabh Bajaj had not just served Prerna the divorce papers but had also done all the preparations for her wedding with Anurag. Prerna was happy that finally all the hurdles between her and Anurag were over and they were going to be united forever but there was a void in her heart and she didn't know why. She just shrugged the feelings as Nivi and Shivani came to take her to the mandap.

The wedding ceremony was midway when a sudden shout made it stop.

"STOP THE WEDDING RIGHT NOW"

Anurag - Maa... What happened ? Why did you stop the wedding ?

Mohini - Because I can't tell you marry this characterless girl. See this Onu and you'll youself know what kind of girl she is.

Prerna - Kaki maa ! Ye kis tarah se baat kar rahi hain aap ! Aap...

Anurag - Tum pregnant ho ! How could you do this to me ?

Prerna - Anurag meri baat suno....

Anurag - Kya sunu mai hn Prerna kya sunu ? Tumne to kaha tha hi ye shadi tumhare liye sirf ek deal hai and yet you slept with that Bajaj. And now when you are carrying his child you were going to marry me. How cheap of you !

Nivedita - What the hell Prerna ! Yahan mera bhai tumhare liye itna tadap raha tha tumhe pane ke liye na jane kya kya kiya usne and what did you do. Dhoka diya tumne usse. You and that Bajaj... Disgusting !

Prerna stood rooted at her place. Her Anurag... the love of her life for whom she made so many sacrifices was blaming her of cheating on him. He blamed her for sleeping with Rishabh Bajaj when he very well knew that she married him for his safey. Didn't he have this much trust in her that she can do anything but not cheat him. Rishabh's words came running into her mind... "Aap Mr. Basu aur unki family ke liye itna kuch karti hain but do they deserve this ?" He had asked her but she had ignored his question. But now she got the answer... No ! Anurag didn't deserve her... didn't deserve her love. He was not worthy of her sacrifices. She traced her eyes to where her family stood. Her mother looking at her with disgust. Great ! Even her own mother mistrusted her. She didn't have trust in her own upbringing. She looked around the room... everyone believed her to be a cheater.

Mohini - I knew tum jaisi ladkiya hoti hi giri hui hain. Vo to mera Onu tumhare pyar me pagal tha. You seriously know na Prerna how to charm rich men. Pehle Naveen phir mera beta phir vo Rishabh Bajaj aur ab phir se mera beta. Uss Bajaj ko tumhari asliyat dikh gai hogi tabhi to tumhe divorce de diya usne. Kahin aisa to nhi ki ye Bajaj ka baccha ho hi na ? Tabhi to usne chhod diya tumhe ! Batao Prerna kiska ganda khoon...

Prerna - MOHINI BASU !

Shouted Prerna who was standing still until this time.

Prerna - Not a word about my child. Giri hui hu... characterless hu... cheap hu... disgusting hu... cheater hu ! To yahan kya kar rahi hu ? Don't worry jaa rahi hu yahan se. (Keeping her hand on her belly) I swear on my child... aaj ke baad mai iss ghar mein ya Anurag Basu ki zindagi mein dobara kabhi kadam nahi rakhungi. Aaj se abhi isi vakt se mera Basus se aur Sharma family se koi lena dena nahi hai. Har rishta har feeling har connection aaj se abhi se humesha humesha ke liye khatam.

She took her veil which was tied to the ganthbandhan and threw it in the Agni kund . She took off all her jewellery and threw it under Mohini Basus feet and the engagement ring on Anurag. She turned and walked towards the door. As she was on the doorstep, she bumped into someone. She looked up to see the man standing infront none other than her ex-husband Rishabh Bajaj.

Rishabh was at the airport with his family but his flight got delayed by five hours due to bad weather conditions. Then he realised that he had forgotten an important file at Basu Bari. He didn't wanted to step in that house again but he had to go there to take it on his own because it was really important and he could not trust anyone else with it. He had made up his mind to enter the house silently, take the file and return back. Everyone would be busy in the wedding ceremony and no one would notice him.

As he came on the doorstep of Basu Badi, someone collided with him. He looked infront to see the sight he dreaded the most. Prerna... with  a pale face, her eyes red with both anger and hurt. He looked her from top to bottom. No vermilion or mangalsutra. The wedding was not complete until now. Her hairdo disheveled, she devoid of her jewellery and veil. He looked around the room. The Basus stood there with disgusting expressions looking at them. Her family reciprocated the same expressions. Anurag was standing with anger and hurt visible on his face. As soon as he saw Rishabh, his eyes became more red and palms fisted. Rishabh's intuition told him... SOMETHING WAS WRONG ! VERY VERY WRONG ! SOMETHING WRONG HAPPENED WITH PRERNA AND THE REASON WERE THE PEOPLE STANDING THERE !

Rishabh - Prerna ! Kya hua hai ?

Tears started pouring in her eyes as she listened his gentle voice filled with concern and affection. That's how he has always been... gentle and concerned towards her even if all she did was to be rude and harsh towards him.

As Rishabh saw Prerna's tear filled eyes... he cupped her face not caring about anyone's thinking.

Rishabh - Kya hua yaha ? Hn ? Tell me Prerna ! Ye kya halat bana rakhi hai tumne apni ? Please stop crying ! It's not good for your health. Batao mujhe kya hua hai I swear I'll not leave that person who is behind this condition of yours.

Prerna tried to speak but words didn't come out. Her cry became louder and she leaned in burying her face in his chest. Rishabh wrapped his one arm on her back and the other behind her head and embraced her as if hiding her from the world. His heart pained on seeing her condition. Her tears stabbed him tearing him apart. He looked upto see the Basu and Sharma family standing still at their places. No one made a move to come to her and console her.

Her cries stopped, he felt heaviness on himself and he realised Prerna had fainted in his arms.

Rishabh (patting her face) - Prerna! Open your eyes ! Prerna !

He picked her up in his arms and ran outside the house ordering the driver to drive towards the hospital.