Prologue

The earth was silent. All movement ceased and all was at rest. At least it should have been. A soul burned, quaking for revenge. He could feel that his mother had lost, not unlike him when he faced Apollo so long ago. But it was hard to bring justice and rain fire on his enemies when his body had been destroyed. He needed a new vessel. A body to carry out his revenge or place his own soul in.

He had searched and waited for centuries, but nothing came. However, even though the earth was filled with peace from the absence of his mother, unrest lingered in the air.

He understood the feeling. It was not much different than the ones that had tormented him all along. The sharp pain of failure, the burning hatred, and cry for something far greater than what fate had given them.

It was time for a change. If only one of the sorrowful voices would call his name, his spirit could once again gain control. He could return to the earth where the humans breathed. He could avenge himself and his mother.

"Again I cry, I seek thee, Great Python, child of Gaia. Return to the mortals and help me wreck chaos!"

The voice rang in Python's head. At last, he was conjured. At last he would have a second chance. And this time, he wasn't going to fail. All who wronged him would quake before his name.