Chapter 6

JACK DEFINITIVELY HAS A THING FOR KIDS IN DANGER

Mac and Jack had followed Alex to his now broken motel room where he grabbed a few things and called a taxi. They followed the taxi to a port crowded with tourist. The plan was simple, they had to prevent the boy from surrendering himself to the Hitman and steal some time for Riley to find Scorpia and Codex's headquarters.

Alex was sitting at a cafe drinking a coke when someone stopped in front of him, and they had an animated talk. Alex was now clenching his fists. The man left, but not Alex. They needed to go after the new guy but couldn't let Alex out of their sight. They had to split up.

"I'm staying with Alex," Mac said.

"Alex will meet Murdoc, there is no way you're going near that psychopath again," Jack argued, "I'll stay with the kid. Now go!"

Mac was not happy, but Jack left no room for discussion.

A little time after Mac left, Alex stood up and left the café, walked down the streets quietly only turning at some points to make sure he wasn't being followed. Jack just needed the kid to arrive at the meeting point and he will deal with the rest.

***

ALEX IS STILL NOT SURE ABOUT HIS PLAN... WAIT HE DON'T HAVE ONE, WELL NO OTHER THAN MEETING A PSYCHO

Alex had the feeling he was being followed but nothing seemed out of place, well, nothing excepted the situation he was in; He had to go meet a psycho in an abandoned building in order to free Jack. She wouldn't be OK with what he was about to do. She would have told him to find another way, to go back to Phoenix guys and ask them for help. But Scorpia was too dangerous, he wasn't going to bet Jack's life on it, and he didn't want to put her in danger by bringing more people in.

He now faced the building, there was nothing really sinister about it: The facade was gray and not so old, but there was a man in it that was dangerous. If Alex didn't know before how mad Murdoc was, he now knew: Some arrows were drawn on the floor in different colors and some comments were written bellow them to spice the game. He could read "Whoa you made it to the building" under a yellow one or "You're almost there, go on, I believe in you!" under a pink arrow. Alex was losing his temper when he faced a red door with a picture of Jack plastered on it. He knew it was the one. He pushed the door, thinking he just signed his own death warrant. Behind a marble desk was sitting a man all dressed in black, a gun set down in front of him.

"I'm here," Alex said.

"You run out on our little friends from Phoenix," Murdoc replied almost sorry.

"I did. Now take me to Jack."

Murdoc checked him for weapons and find none but some chewing gums and a pen, "I'm letting you keep those if you get bored in you cell" Murdoc added giggling. He secured Alex's hands behind his back.

"Not yet, I am waiting for someone" Murdoc smiled.

Jack (not Alex's) burst through the door, gun in hand "let the kid go, Murdoc!"

"You took your time, Jack! I was expecting Angus will be there too, but you'll do just fine."

"I won't say it again. Set the boy free!"

"No can do" he said, his gun pressed against Alex's head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it is short but it's for the sake of suspense!

AlyMcShizzle