~ALOOF~

Kaynat pov~

"I want to join office by Monday"

I waited for his reaction. Maybe he would not let me work and will shout at me.

But his eyes fixed on the road and he ignored my wish.

"Varun I said I want to join by Monday "

He turned to look at me. I saw his expressions changing as he fixed his gaze again on the road.

Again the ride went silently and as we approached home, he parked the car, and as I was about to come out , he pulled me towards him holding my wrist, and tucked my hair beside my ear.
I was stunned by his  move.His eyes and facial features were quite softened.
The proximity was killing me and then he cupped my cheek and leaned in further.

Wait, what is he trying to do?

He leaned in and kissed me softly on my right cheek. My heartbeat came in my hand and shivers trailing all over my body.

I don't know but his sudden change of behavior was bothering me a lot from last few days. But to trust him completely, nah! I won't do that this easily.

"Why are you so beautiful"

"Huh!?"

Wait what ?

"In the party, I saw lots and lots of women but all I could think of was you"

"Women ?"

"You are jealous?"

"Why would I be ?"

"It's normal for wives to get jealous"

"But nothing is normal between us"

I said the truth and he left a sigh

"What time would you want to leave tomorrow?"

"To?"

"Your office wifey!"

He smirked and I remembered.

"Oh yeah, it's at 9"

"Be ready, I'll drop you!"

"Oh no no , no need i will go-"

"Nop, I'll drop you"

"Oh-kay"

We went inside and I was too tired right now.
I just wanted to have a shower and go to sleep asap.

I decided I'll  prepare for office tomorrow early morning. We went inside and I was greeted by smiling face of ma. I ran and hugged her. The warmth and coziness that I craved for years!!

"Beta you go and freshen up. I'll tell the servants to serve some light dinner for you too."

"Ummm. Ma actually the food at the party was very yummy. So I ate a lot of it. "

I said while smiling sheepishly. I don't want to hurt her and I was beyond grateful to have a mother in law like her.

She smiled and said okay.

"Then you go and freshen up and sleep bacha."

"OK ma bbbiee and good night !"

As I walked towards the staircase to go to our room, ma called me again.

"Ji ma?"

"Beta I wanted to ask ki aaj Varun ka behavior acha tha aapke saath?"

I was shocked by ma's question.

Does she know about us?

Does she know about how we live?

Does she know how her son behaves with Me?

But I tried my best to not let ma and dad know anything. And in front of them we used to pretend like a happily married couple so this..?

"Ma aapke is question ka mtlb nhi smjhi mai.kya apk-"

She patted my head and said-
"I know my son Beta. This marriage was not with his acceptance. But you are a blessing my child and I dont want him to lose you due to his stupid stubbornness."

"So did you ask him to behave nicely with me.?"

"I kind of have a talk with him about you both"

I smiled and hugged ma.

I don't know why but tears welled up in my eyes, because all the time he was not and all romantic with me was because ma told him to do that. And here I was thinking maybe he...

Not letting my tears falling in front of ma and gripped myself and left to my room.

This realization hit me like a storm that all the good things he was doing to me was all because ma told him to be nice and not because he wanted to.

Here I blushed everytime and felt special whenever he said all those things to me.

Again I was acting like a fool!!

How could I forgot that he hated being near me and I was just a way to secure the deal.

My thoughts came to a halt when I approached the room and I immideately wiped my tears as I am not letting him show my weakness.

I entered the room and hear the fade noises of shower running.

Mr is taking a bath!

I took my night clothes from the dressing room and sat on the edge of the bed.

Sadness again engulfed me. I thought of everytime when he came closer to me and then remember it was all due to ma.

I laid back on the bed half sitting and yawned as sleep was consuming me.

I closed my eyes and all the tears now drained on my cheeks.

I cluthched the night dress and try my best not to fal asleep as i badly needed a shower before sleeping.

But

I slept, i dont remember when but the warm blanket of sleep engulfed me and I gave myself into the coziness of it.

***

Hey guys !

So sorry for such a late update  but from now on I'll update regularly. 

Do Comment how you are liking the story and if you want any changes , comment and I'll surely incorporate them !!

😇😇bbbbieee

Yours crimson 🤌