14

The phone rung loudly, echoing through the whole house. You sighed loudly, why were they interrupting you in your evening off. You wandered to the phone and cleared your throat, answering it, hoping it wasn't your boss. You heard a small stutter on the other side, most likely Mike.

"Can you look after Abby? Or go into work? I don't want to bring her with me and she doesn't seem like she wants to come for once." He had paused and you mind went blank. Had he come with her before. You sighed, you were fond of Abby but you wanted to find out more about Freddys. It was dangerous sure, but it intrigued you. You needed to know what the children meant, but you weren't going to do it alone. "I don't mind what..."

"Ill go in, you relax." You had said, getting some details before hanging up the phone.

You dialled Vanessa's number into the phone. This had only been the second time you have ever called her, the first time was just to test that it worked properly. A light sigh came out of your mouth, part of you didn't want to tell her, knowing she'll freak out for whatever reason. However, this was different, you became too curious and wanted to know if that dream really did act out what happened that night.

"Hello?" She said, finally answering, she seemed confused, of course she was, why would anyone be calling her at ten pm. You cleared your throat.

"Hey... Um... Look, I'm going to Freddy's again to cover for Mike-" You had started. You didn't know what else to say but she had stopped you before you could say anything else about this situation.

"What! No. No, no, no." She instantly replied, interrupting you. You were confused, was she that against it? Sure, you got scratched on the leg the last time you were there but that could have just been a response to you falling on the floor, right? You sighed, it was too late to say no to Mike now. "It's way too dangerous."

"I'll be fine, I'm just letting you know just in case something happens." Of course you weren't going to tell her the full truth of why you actually wanted to go back there. Your curiosity took over and even though you could live without ever going back there, you couldn't shift the thoughts from your head, even if they said to you that they didn't want you there.

"If you're going, I'm coming with you." She had said, her voice timid over the phone. You didn't mind that. Well, obviously you didn't mind, you liked her in some way or another. You had almost kissed her the other day, or that's what you thought she was trying to do, you didn't know what else it could've been.

"Sure." You had said, making a confused expression even though no one could see it.

"Great, I'll pick you up in an hour." Vanessa replied, instantly hanging up the phone without even a small goodbye. Sighing, you placed the phone down. It was clear that she was immensely stressed, why was she so abdiment on you not going there? You knew you'd react somewhat similarly if she said that she'll go on her own because of what happened to you, but she seemed to know the place way too well, plus you had fallen asleep, and tonight, you vowed not to.

When she had picked you up, you had already fallen silent as you got into the front seat, as if you had done something very wrong, but the truth was, you hadn't. Vanessa's face expression showed that she was worried. And well, you were right, Vanessa was worried past anything at this point. She knew what could happen, she knew what you had seen was all real but she couldn't tell you that, unless she wanted to tell you everything, but she was never going to tell anyone what had happened these past years.

Pulling up to Freddy's no less than ten minutes later, not one of you had spoken, you thought she was disappointed in you for saying yes in the first place. You didn't exactly feel like you dragged her here on one of yours and her night offs. She had exited first, followed by you who was following from behind like a lost puppy. She obviously already had the keys so you didn't have to stop by Mike's (You then told yourself to call Mike and tell him you didn't need them).

She opened the gate and the door with ease, the lights flickering as she entered. You had shut the door when you came in, following her to the security office, closing the door behind you both. She checked over the cameras before turning to you. "Why did Mike ask you to come in?"

"He gave me an option, either look after Abby or come in." You mentioned, leaning against the desk behind you. To you, it was an easy decision because you had the reasoning. Vanessa, however, did not know the reasoning and would probably think that you are weird or crazy for it if she ever knew, unless there were some things she wasn't telling you.

"And you chose to come in? How dumb are you?" She yelled. You were taken back by her reaction. You stood there, blankly, not knowing what to say, it was ridiculous to her, she didn't understand why you would choose to come back to a place like this, and you didn't know either, your mind seemed blank as she took a deep breath and looked down. "I'm sorry, just not having a good day and this on top of it."

"You don't have to be here." You had whispered, her head snapped to you as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. How the hell was she the confused one here? You watched her expression soften again, breathing out slowly as if to calm herself down.

"I do." She said, taking a step forward. You tried to think of any reason why she would have to stay here with you, you weren't necessarily untrustworthy or have done anything in the past to break her trust. It all came down to one thing, she must be hiding something from you, but you weren't prepared to ask her, knowing it could easily turn into an argument. If you left this situation out, everything was going perfectly for you.

"Why?" You had suddenly asked. The word had slipped out of your mouth, you hadn't meant to say it, you wanted it to end there.

"Because I care about you!" She replied, almost desperately trying to get you to see the motivation behind her actions. It had caught you off guard, well of course it did, you didn't expect her to say anything like that. She could be lying, but something said that she wasn't. Before you could reply, she just turned around and sat in the chair closest to the cameras. "Let's just... get this over and done with."

The rest of the night, Vanessa had stayed unusually quiet. You sighed, hating how awkward it was. It had already been two hours. "I'm going to the toilet." You muttered, standing up and walking out. You stood in the hallway, she hadn't responded to you, and honestly, it was making you regret telling her.

"Hey." Your head snapped to the left. The boy who had spoken to you the other night was stood there. He was older, blonde. An unsettling smile rest upon his face. "Follow me."