iv. sweet mayumi chan

“Mayu, I am home!”

“Mayu, I am home!”

Her brother's voice rang in the apartment and she smiled at him, straightening the hem of her apron from the kitchen. “I am in the kitchen, Gumi.”

She watched him come into the kitchen, his face stoic like always that he inherited from his father, Fushiguro Toji. But his eyes softened as he saw her. “How was your day?”

“Boring,” She clicked her tongue, “What about you?”

“Mine too," he took a piece of the cookies that she had baked, “Gojo sensei was asking about you.”

Mayumi’s eyes widened. Did her brother come to know of the dating course or something? Oh God. “What was he saying?” She tried her best to sound nonchalant.

“Just how old you were,” He bit on the cookie, “I told him that he shouldn't even think of you.”

“Gumi, you can't talk to your teacher like that!”

“You are too innocent,” He rolled his eyes, “He might be my teacher but he's not serious about women. He's better off away from you.”

As if she didn't know that. And yet.

“Come, help me set the dinner now, will you?” She asked, changing the topic and sighed in relief when she saw him nod.

“Oh, Mayu?” Megumi spoke out of nowhere when they were eating their dinner in silence. “Can Yuji and Nobara stay here for a sleepover tonight? I forgot to tell you.”

Mayumi smiled. It was those rare moments that she felt like she did have a younger brother. Megumi was too serious to act like a teenager most of the time. Which she didn't like. He was a teen and he should be allowed to have fun.

“Of course. Have fun. I will be in my room if you need me.”

Gojo Satoru smiled at his date sitting next to him

Gojo Satoru smiled at his date sitting next to him. She was a blonde woman, tall and curvy. Nothing like that specific girl in his mind. She had a smile on her lips as she stroked his hand.

“So, Mayumi chan, I—”

“Aika,” The woman rolled her eyes, pulling her back, “My name is Aika and not Mayumi. You have called me by that name two times now!”

He bit his inner cheek. What was he doing? He was supposed to flirt with his date and then end up in the bed with her. A healthy cycle. And thinking about Mayumi chan was definitely not healthy.

Mayumi chan. His student's older stepsister. The sweet innocent angel. Imagine his surprise when she asked him to teach her how to date. She wanted to learn dating with him and then go and experience that with some other ‘serious, responsible family man’.

But wasn't it for the good? Mayumi chan deserved a kind and sweet man. And a jujutsu sorcerer like Gojo Satoru could never be that. He couldn't allow himself to get attached to a civilian.

“I need to go home, Aika,” He pulled out an easy going grin, much to her flabbergast, “Next time.”

As he slowly walked towards his apartment, he remembered how protective Megumi had looked when he had asked about his sister. Satoru sighed. As if he was some beast who would kidnap sweet Mayumi.

Maybe he should text her good night. She said they were friends. And friends do that, right?

Gojo Satoru : Good night, sweet Mayumi chan.

Wait. Wait. No. Sweet sounded weird. He should delete it. But before he could delete it, he saw that she had already seen it.

Mayumi Chan 🤍 : Good night, Gojo san.

He smiled. He could certainly get used to it.

a/n : tysm for 60 reads omg here's an early update muah