Ch. 57 || On The way

Damien 🥀

I scrunch the small peach coloured cloth in my hand tightly, then open it again to read the words she has written for me, and again and again.

"I am in love with you, Mr. Erik. This time, I am sure."

My heart aches. These are the first words she said to me ever since she is gone. It’s her handwriting, her thoughts, her essence. A sign that she is okay and she is waiting for me. These are not only just mere words, it’s a Confession, a feeling, an emotion.

She loves me back.

Soon baby, I will come for you, I am almost there. Just don't lose hope. You are my brave girl.

My jaw clenched tight, the vein in my temple throbbing hard.

Lucien has touched my woman, my world, and I am going to make sure the devil will take notes from me when I punish the traitor.

"Where exactly the route travels from? And how long will it take to reach the land?" I hear Cade speaking to Matteo in the background.

"The technology covers at least 50 km of the sea area from the land. Plus, it is 1000 miles away from Maxion." Matteo replied.

I stood up from where I was sitting on the couch of the conference room. I turned around and saw Cade, Matteo, Thia, Lex, Nico, and our 2 other planning executives standing by the white enormous marble table in the middle. The room is sombre with dark blue and grey walls and floor— I have painted grey here too— with no windows, cooled by the air conditioner only. A long circular table runs along the wall with computers, holograms and bunch of other tech stuff. This room belongs to Cade's team but right now, they are excused since we are having a conference here.

When I rest both my palms on the table, causing my muscles to flex, Matteo looks at me from head to toe. "You look like a mess." He says with eyes narrowed.

Why the hell is he being so fucking generous? Why the hell is he not showing any signs of a betrayer? It would have been easy to kill him had he shown any wrong intentions. Just because he is a good guy, that doesn't excuse my sting of jealousy. He would have been 6 feet under had it not been for my wife.

"I don't give a fuck." I grit my teeth but cooled myself down before speaking again. "How is she doing?"

"So far, she is good. Lucien is trying his best to copy you by not crossing boundaries with her," Matteo spoke, his eyes wandered everywhere on the table as he got the next words out. "But she seems to be lost. I don't know if she has always been like this, but her eyes felt sad."

It felt like the weight on my heart increased ten folds. My wife is sad, and I am not there to comfort her. I hate it. But I felt a little relieved that Lucien hadn't touched her in the way I have been worrying about each day and night since the incident in the club. If he had the guts to take her advantage that time, he wouldn't hesitate to do that again. I am afraid it’s just a matter of time before he loses his patience. It's killing me.

"If we leave now by plane, we will be there in at least 2 hours. We shouldn't waste our time any longer now." Thia spoke from across the table, all ready to leave.

She has been wearing the same pair of clothes for the past 2-3 days. Her eyes are red, dark circles pretty visible like she hasn’t slept for the past 3 months like me, and hair tousled. Her skin is pale and she lost a lot of weight. She looks like an absolute mess, especially ever since she returned from the hospital.

She had a heart attack a while back, and now, her heart condition is serious. She could lose it any moment, especially if she has another panic or heart attack. But still, she is moving to around everywhere to find any clues for her little sister’s whereabouts.