Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Are you sure you got it under control?” I asked Danielle for the fiftieth time while following Niall out of the airport.

“Kora, I promise. I can handle your studio for a week by myself. Don’t worry, love.”

“Are you-”

Niall took the phone out of my hand. “Thank for your help, Dani. See you later.” He ended the call and stuffed my phone into his back pocket.

“Niall! That’s not funny! I need to make sure everything’s okay!”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me along, swatting my other hand away when I tried to retrieve my cell phone. “No cell phones on our honeymoon,” he announced. “This is just going to be about you and me. No studio, no band, no friends. Just us. Deal?”

A small smile spread across my face. “I kinda like that idea.”

He smirked over his shoulder at me. “I knew you would.”

We kept walking until Niall pushed open the door to leave the airport. The smell of fruit and saltwater hit me immediately, bathing me in this wonderful tropical sent that had me closing my eyes and just sniffing the air. The wind rustled the leaves in the trees and birds could be heard flying overhead. This little island was literally a tropical paradise, filled with animal sounds and the smell of the ocean. The breeze brushed against my skin, leaving slight chills down my bare arms.

So far this place was incredible.

Niall pulled me closer as we walked down a path he said led to the place we’d be staying, wrapping his arm around my waist so I was tucked against his side. I wound both my arms around him as we walked, absolutely loving every moment we had spent here so far.

The trail led us through a thick patch of forest, but within a few minutes we were on the other side and standing on a beautiful white sand beach. On a little hill that leaned over the beach a small, white condo sat overlooking the ocean.

“Oh Niall! It’s gorgeous!” I breathed out, my eyes going wide at the sight.

“I thought you may like it.” He smiled down at me before pulling me along, guiding me up the stepping stone path.

A smirk spread across my face as a thought crossed my mind. I released Ni’s hand and kicked off my flip-flops, quickly picking them up before I looked up to see Niall giving me a curious look. I wiggled my eyebrows at him, then yelled, “Race ya!” and took off running up the path.

“Kora!” Ni shouted after me before sprinting to try and catch up.

I kept going at full speed until I literally ran smack into the door. I thought it would open, but no. It was locked and I rebounded off it, landing flat on my back on the concrete stepping stones.

“Kora!” Niall yelled, speeding up the last few steps to make it to me quicker. “Red? Are you okay?”

I glanced up at him then busted out laughing. Of course I would managed to crash into a door and slide across the ground on my honeymoon. Way to be attractive, Kor. “I’m fine, I’m fine. Gosh, I’m such a klutz.”

Ni grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet. “Let me see your back.” I obediently turned my back to him and felt his fingers press against my skin. “You’re bleeding. You have a lot of scrapes. Come on, let’s get you inside and clean you up.”

I sighed and followed him into the house after he unlocked the door. “You could have mentioned it was locked…” I grumbled, following him throughout the open living room and into the small bathroom. It was painted a light blue and had seashell décor, keeping the beachy feel.

“To be fair, I didn’t even know ya were going to run off like that,” Niall said as he dug through the medicine cabinet for what I assumed were Band-Aids.

I mumbled under my breath, then turned my back to him again. He wet a wash cloth with warm water after he set out a few bandages on the counter and pushed the straps of my tank top off my shoulders. When he was done dabbing the cloth against my stinging cuts, he placed the bandages over the scraps he said were the worst and then I was done.

“What a great way to start our honeymoon, huh?” I sighed as I turned to face him and pulled my straps back up my arms.

He shrugged before giving me his playful smirk that made his eyes sparkle. “I wouldn’t expect it to go any other way.”

I whacked him in the arm. “Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Well,” he chuckled. “You’re the clumsiest person I know. I figured you would find someway to hurt yourself.”

“Hmph!” I spun on my heels and left the room, walking back through the gorgeous open living room and into the kitchen.

“Aw, Red, come on.” Niall called after me.

I ignored him and went about rummaging through the fridge for some food. I came up empty, so I moved to the cupboards with no luck there either. Discouraged and hungry, I resorted to taking the last banana out of the bowl that sat in the middle of the little table and hopped onto the counter to eat it.

“Aren’t you going to share?” Niall wondered as he came to stand in front of me.

“Ha! You expect me to share my food with you after you made fun of my clumsiness?”

He gave me a look and said, “Well, yeah.”

“Ha! Keep dreaming, buddie.”

He stepped closer and clasped his hand under his chin, making his eyes go wide as he gave me his puppy dog look.

“Nope.”

Another step closer. “Please, babe.”

I looked away from him and took another bite of my fruit.

Final step. He couldn’t come any closer. “I love you.”

I scoffed.

Suddenly, his fingers were trailing up my thigh and his other arm went around my waist, pulling me closer. “Come on, babe. I’m starving.

I looked down at his hand, feeling the tingles spreading throughout my leg, then met his gaze. His eyes had that teasing/adorable glint in them he got when he knew what he was doing was making me go all fuzzy and tingly inside. I sighed, accepted my defeat, and handed over the last half of the banana. “Fine. You win.”

He snatched the food out of my hand with a laugh. “Ha! You are powerless to my attractiveness.”

I raised my brows at him. “Oh, am I?” I slid off the counter and stood toe-to-toe with him. He cocked his head to the side as I ran my hands up his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck. I played with the hair at the base of his neck and felt a shiver run down his spine, which had been my goal. I stood on my toes and pulled his face down to my level, but as soon as his eyes shut I grabbed the banana out of his hand and skipped off down the hall.

“What…?” I heard Niall say behind me, shock clear in his voice.

“Who’s powerless now?” I shouted out, snickering to myself as I finished off the fruit and tossed it in the trash can when I passed the bathroom.

“You little tease!” He yelled, his voice sounding both awestruck and amused.

“Tell me something I don’t know!”

Boosh! So here's there next chapter :) hope y'all liked it! Leave me your thoughts on it in the comments below!

%