LViii| Catch-ups

"It was stressful."

The notable thing about Quadrant was that they'd been to quite a few races on tour alongside the Grand Prix as the brand had grown so much since they first set it up

The notable thing about Quadrant was that they'd been to quite a few races on tour alongside the Grand Prix as the brand had grown so much since they first set it up. Lando and Mira had taken a step back due to their incredibly busy lives but the group had it under control without them.

They'd not been surprised when Mira told them she was stepping back from Streaming, though fans had raged about it. She needed to get away from it now and none of her friends blamed her for that neither did the fans that had been with her since the start. Besides, she'd still be appearing in Quadrant videos.

"I feel like we haven't caught up in ages," said Mira as the group all sat in the restaurant.

"That's because you're off living an exciting life now!" Ria teased.

"Monaco girl," Niran added in a teasing voice.

Mira rolled her eyes as everyone hosted an amused smile and Lando snickered from next to her. 

"I am not a Monaco girl," Mira insisted. "I am still very much British."

"We know," Aarava laughed.

"Don't worry, we won't bully you for it, Mira," Steve assured.

"Also, I'm a little offended I haven't probably spent any time with Lily," Ria pouted. "Max gets to see her all the time—"

"That's because Max comes to Monaco to annoy us—"

"Lando, you know that's not true," Max glared. "You're the one that shows up at my door!"

"You are welcome to come to see her, Ria," Mira interrupted Max and Lando. "She's with Lando's parents at the moment but when I come back for the championship, you can be the first to see her."

"Good," Ria nodded happily.

Quadrant were a crazy bunch but they were fun and full of life. They didn't have to see each other every week to be friends, they could simply go back to conversations they were having months ago when they met up.

Aarav, Steve, Ria, Max, Ethan, Lando and Mira. The chaos group.

Life was funny to Mira.

She'd gone nearly twenty-two years with little to no friends, only Esme really, and suddenly she had so many that she struggled to find time to see them all. She wasn't sure if it was the effect of meeting one person leading to another but she was surrounded by friends.

Oh, and she now knew Martin Garrix personally so that was interesting. He was pretty cool and incredibly kind. He'd been Lando's friend for a little while so it made sense for Mira to know him too. Lando enjoyed DJing.

"The new merch is fire," Steve commented as Lando spread out the new hoodie pictures.

"They're really great," Mira agreed. "The blue one has to be my favourite."

"The green is nicer," Niran disagreed, pointing at the hoodie.

"They're all nice," Max nodded. "What are pre-orders like?"

"Madness," Lando grinned. "More than I thought considering nothing has been properly promoted yet."

"Oh come on, between the lot of us, it's promoted enough," Ria laughed.

The rest of the night was spent talking about everything outside of careers and just going crazy on stories from the past few months. They were there drinking, though Mira and Lando didn't drink much because she knew she'd be back on a plane to go to Spa the next day.

Besides, Mira and Lando didn't fancy getting that drunk when they both knew they had an empty house when they got back home.

◢▆█▆██ 🎮 ██▆█▆◣

Mira felt lucky to have Adam and Cisca Norris around as much as they were, from them offering to babysit whenever they needed or going to more races of Lando's than not. They were so supportive of all of their children and Mira found it simply adorable.

Mira wanted to make sure Lily got to know them as their grandparents because there was no going back now. Even if Lando and Mira ever broke it off, they had both signed those papers and Mira was sure Lando's parents would fight to see her too.

When Mira and Lando arrived at the house, Oliver (Lando's brother) and Flo were both there. Cisca, Lando's other sister, wasn't there.

As they walked in, Mira noticed that Oliver gave Lando a questioning look which Lando replied with a shake of the head. Mira brushed it off, assuming it was some weird brother thing since it was something she could see Oliver and Lando doing.

"Hi," Mira greeted kindly.

"Hello, Mira!" Lando's mum greeted, immediately hugging her.

"Has she been good?" Mira questioned hopefully.

"She's being a little shy today but she was in full run-around mode last night," Adam answered, looking at Lily in fondness. 

"She's so adorable, ah!" Flo cooed, plaiting Lily's hair. "It's giving me baby fever—"

"No it's not," Oliver insisted, rolling his eyes.

"Shh," Flo glared at Oliver. "You and Sav already have a baby. I don't."

"Because you are a child yourself," Oliver pointed out. "Savannah and I are adults."

"I...I have nothing to say to you."

Mira laughed softly as Flo pouted. Oliver looked very happy with himself for winning the argument, hosting a smile and crossed arms.

"Mira, we couldn't get her to eat any more than chicken nuggets, is that alright?" Adam questioned in concern.

"Oh that's completely normal, she's a picky eater," Mira nodded. "She also won't eat when she's nervous so don't worry yourself."

"He was getting himself all worked up thinking he was doing something wrong," Flo added. "It was funny."

"It isn't funny," Adam huffed. "It was stressful."

There was no better feeling for Mira than being somewhere she felt save and the Norris household was. She'd been welcomed immediately, despite being worried they would think she was distracting Lando from racing...but now she knew that they respected any decision Lando made. It was something invaluable.

Mira hoped Lando never took that for granted.