Chapter Five

Rebekah was singing softly and slightly out of key to one of her favorite songs, Man Down by Rihanna. The hot pink iPod she held was clutched loosely in one hand, her eyes were closed hard in concentration, and her head was rhythmically swaying.

Nobody could ever doubt this particular Original's fashion sense, because her skull candy ear buds completely matched in color, even if her outfit, with all its reds and blacks, just screamed night club tramp.

No, right now in this moment, she just looked like any other teenage girl, lost in her music, without a care.

And this was exactly what Bonne woke up to. Well, at least she has good taste, she mused groggily, liking that song too, as she lethargically stretched up her arms towards the ceiling and over her head with a yawn.

Bonnie soon realized, after quickly surveying her surroundings; that she was on a private plane, or to be more technical- inside of one.

Confusion and dread, of the unsettling variety, assaulted her central nervous system. As her heartbeat increased from adrenaline.

Then, as if on cue, Rebekah's eyes also opened, sensing the witch stir, as well as detecting Bonnie's snare drum of a pulse. A tiny twisted smile, one of those real snotty ones she was known for surfaced.

"Oh goody, look who's up," Rebekah said lightly pulling the speakers out of her ears, "have a nice nap then?"

Bonnie didn't answer straight away, trying to catch ahold of her bearings- merely blinking while rubbing sleep from the corners of her eyes. She tensely scanned the close quarters of the plane's cabin instead.

It was small, but obviously high class, with tiny embroidered cream silk window panels, and soft tan leather seats. They were arranged more like couches in someone's living room, instead of the usual rows that she was accustomed to. There were exotic flowers in lead crystal vases, and gold accents everywhere. She wasn't an expert, but felt you'd have to be an idiot not to know- they weren't brushed steel, they were the real deal.

Her eyes finally stopped darting around, coming to rest upon a large silver tray, piled high with every fruit and pastry ever known to man, as well as decanters of orange juice, milk, and a silver bucket of iced champagne.

It was all laid out in front of her like some kind of spread, upon a short dark mahogany coffee table. She cocked one of her eyebrows and frowned.

"Nik thought you might be hungry." Rebekah answered before Bonnie could ask.

"Me and what army?" Bonnie finally spoke, more to herself than Rebekah, but the vampire girl laughed anyway.

"I think he might be hoping to fatten you up a bit," she giggled, leaning forward as if sharing some great big secret, "deep down, Nik just loves the thick ones."

Rebekah made a point of sizing Bonnie up after she said it, with a wink. "No problem there in a few months I bet."

"At least I'll have an excuse," Bonnie snapped, feeling scrutinized and judged, "what's yours?" She looked at Rebekah's hips, exaggerating her hands grandly to show width, while expanding out her cheeks like a puffer fish to suggest the other girl was already wide on the side.

The witch matched her enemy's glare, but strangely enough, whether it was the complete immaturity she was exhibiting, or the audacity of Bonnie suggesting Rebekah was fat- when she so wasn't; had both girls simultaneously bursting out into fits of hysterics.

"My, my, my…" Rebekah snorted loudly, "Got claws you do, this one," she hit at her knee, "I think you and me just may learn to be cozy."

Bonnie smiled wide, all teeth. "Imagine that." She wiped at her cheeks as they were wet, but sobered fast, remembering her strange predicament. "Hey, where is Klaus anyway and why are we on this plane?"