☏︎ Chapter seven

"So do you want me to pick you up?" Gavi asks and I look at the time.

"I'd be happy about that, can you come in about 10 minutes?" I ask and Gavi inhales sharply. I look at my phone how long we've been on a call.

"Yeah, ten minutes, might be 15 but I'll try." Gavi says and I smile while standing up.

"Great, call me as soon as you're here." I say and smile while I walk over to the door and begin walking to the elevator.

"I will, bye Chelsea." He hung up and I stuffed my phone back into my pocket.

"Oscar?" I yell as soon as I step foot into the kitchen. Everyone looks up at me, including Oscar. I walk over to him.

"Yes?" He asks and I look at him leaning against the counter where he is cutting meat.

"There's a high possibility that we're closing early tomorrow. Just don't prepare too much with food and all that." I say and he nods his head and looks at the floor.

"Um," He begins. "Around what time are we closing?" He asks and I look around us. Everyone was staring at us and as soon as I turned around they went back to work.

"Around 5, maybe 6. I don't know yet." I explain and he just nods his head.

"Okay thank you for telling me." He says and I give him a faint smile and walk into the restaurant where I see Jane talking to a customer.

I walk out and as I hear the phone ring behind the counter I go over to it and pick it up. "Restaurant Seashell, how can I help you?"

"Yes hello, I'd like to talk to the manager." The elder woman on the phone says and I squeeze my eyes shut for a second.

"Yes, you're already talking to the manager, how can I help you?" I ask and then Jane looks over to me.

"My husband and I, ate at your Restaurant yesterday, my husband won't stop throwing up since today morning." She complains, I shake my head while I exhale deeply.

"I'll talk to the chef, but I'd highly recommend you to get it checked out, maybe go to a doctor. Please call me back as soon as you do okay?" I say and the woman scoffs.

"Okay, bye." She hangs up the phone before I even had the chance to say goodbye.

"These customers." I groan and walk over to Jane, she looks up at me and then smiles.

"Hey Chelsea." She says, the wide smile still spread across her face. She's one of the friendliest people that have ever worked here.

"Hey, is everything alright here?" I ask and grab the handle of the fridge and pull the door open. I take out a small plastic box that contains a new fruit yogurt the kitchen has tried out.

"Everything alright, except that one lady wouldn't want to pay because she didn't have a wallet here," Jane says and my eyes widen.

"And what did you do?" I ask.

"She left her ID here and she says she is going to get some money." Jane shows me the ID the woman left and I nod my head.

"How much does she need to pay and at what table was she?" I stand over to the machine and type in the tables.

"At table 23 and about 50 euros. She ordered like a ton, but ate everything." Jane keeps talking while I tip in the table number and see what she ordered.

"Yeah just text me as soon as she came back and paid. I'll head off now." She  nods and I gave her a faint smile. "See ya later."

"Bye Chelsea." I turn back around and go over to the printer where I pick up a piece of white paper and some duct tape.