CHAPTER ONE : looking the gifted tiger in the mouth

A little girl wearing a plain black dress with a white bow, white frilled socks, black shoes along with two clips(?) bearing resemblance to horns on her head could be seen walking down the pathway down Tsurumi River. She'd just asked around to see if she could find someplace that would let her work there or possibly take her in. But most of the shop owners laughed and denied her. One woman, Makoto advised her to go to the police and given her a plushie before sending her on her way.

They all had one thought in common though, 'thats child labour.' what even is child labour? The girl wondered.

'A single bowl of Chazuke- tea over rice... Pickled plums, shredded seaweed, some leftover chicken from the evening meal..' A boy thought. Startling the girl, nobody had passed by here in a while.

'Ah, how sweet it was... The chazuke I made for myself on the sly in the orphanage's kitchen. Although it must be said... I'm so hungry I could die.'

Atsushi was thrown on to the ground by the man at the orphanage who was suspiciously wearing a lab coat. "We have no need of your ilk! Find yourself a ditch somewhere in which to curl up and die!" The man yelled.

'Shut up! I-' the girl tapped him on the shoulder and snapped him out of his trance.

"Mister sir, would you like to find a comp puter and study get rich quick schemes with y/n?" Y/n asked, she couldn't read so an adult would be of help.

"Uhhh- i-" The girl seemingly lost interest in their conversation and looked over at the river. Atsushi following curiously.

I can hear someone thinking about... Sewer slide? A slide in the sewers? Is this person in the sewers, she thought.

A pair of legs wearing white pants popped out of the river.

'Ok, maybe I could rob the next person that comes by..' Atsushi thought. He groaned and jumped into the river and saved the man.

While Atsushi coughed, y/n got a better look at the man because he was pretty to the four year old.

He had brown hair with brown eyes of the exact same shade. He was wearing white pants, a light brown trench coat that was left open. A black vest and a white lined shirt with a green pendant held on with a ribbon.

But that wasn't the only part of his appearance that intrigued the girl, it was the bandages that were wrapped around his neck and arms.

He shot up suddenly and Atsushi gasped in shock at how fast the man recovered.

"Damnit I made it..." He muttered.

"Huh?!"

"Wha?"

"You over there," he pointed at Atsushi. "Was it you who interrupted my asphyxiation?"

Atsushi didn't respond and just looked at the man as if he was crazy, he was crazy.

"I'm sorry, Are you unfamiliar with the term?" The man said.

"I was committing suicide."

"Huh?-"

"I was trying to commit suicide but then you got in the way..." He said as if Atsushi was a child who did something wrong and he was disappointed with him.

'Am I being scolded?' Atsushi thought in disbelief.

"Well," He got up off the ground slowly. "My goal is a clean suicide that that nobody would be troubled by, but it seems I've erred and troubled you both, so let me apologi-" Atsushi's stomach grumbled and interrupted the man before he could finish, but you could get what he meant.