Intro

Though I typically write Aburame-centered romances (tragic angsty ones, for some reason), this is a different kind of love story surrounding family bonds. 

Many people believe the Aburame are emotionless, but it's always struck me how evident it is that Shibi loves his son, and how strong Aburame family ties are, despite being swept under the rug by the anime. 

This is a oneshot written in honor of the unsung and forgotten sacrifice that Torune made for Shino in their childhood. The anime sadly brushed pass how major and impacting this moment was for Shino, so as a Shino fan and Aburame fanfic writer, I decided to expand a little more on the internal conflict that Shibi, Shino, and Torune might have felt in this scene as Danzō approached them with his ultimatum. 

Kudos to Torune for this underrated heroic moment in the anime. 

And also, kudos to Shibi Aburame for being the best father in the anime (in my humble opinion), and for not only being a good dad to Shino, but also taking in Torune as his son, despite whatever dangers Torune's insects might've posed.

My dream is to ultimately write a part II to this oneshot for when Torune and Shino meet again in battle during the war. So if you like my Aburame stories, I hope you will stick around for more to come! 

A03: comejosephine