🎃Sneak Peek🎃

This chapter is just a sneak peek that I wrote because it's Halloween, and I feel like it would be appropriate to shown some dedication to the story. I still haven't finished Chapter 1 yet, but I wanted to get you guys (hopefully) excited for what's to come-

☆‐---------------------------------------------------------------☆

Moon could hear her labored breathing echoing inside the cockpit, coming out in sudden, short gasps. Yet through her hyperventilations, she felt like she was suffocating, like a full-grown dragon was sitting on her chest.

She whipped the stick to the right, snapping her bird into a sharp roll as the flash of cannon fire blazed passed her cockpit. With a stomach-twisting lurch, she dove toward the ground, the blood rushing to her head. She clenched her jaw, willing herself not to pass out as the darkness threatened to swallow her.

"Run, traitor. You'll die tired."

The cadence of her gasping was suddenly swallowed by the ear-piercing whine of a missile lock. Moon felt her heart stop, her breath catching in her throat as she dared to look back. She saw the murderous projectile as it broke through the clouds, its brilliant light illuminating the starry sky..

In desperation, she punched the throttle, jamming the stick into her gut. As she rose, Moon slammed her fist into the button labeled "chaff/flare," and a light show filled the sky, washing over her as she prayed to the moons that it would miss her; that she would be spared. She felt more than saw the firey projectile as it shuddered passed her, the wind of its passage vibrating her aircraft as it was swallowed by the dark expanse of the night.

Moon looked back, her momentary triumph sinking into despair as she recognized the harbinger of death that pursued her.

"Just you and me, traitor. You won't survive this fight; that was a mistake I intend to correct..."

☆--------------------------------------------------------☆

Sorry if that was too short. I didn't want to give too much away, but I just wanted to provide with a short preview of what to expect. Hopfully you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it, and I hope to see you guys in the first chapter. Peace-
___________________________________________

Also, Bonus concept art made by me!
Sorry if looks a bit half-assed. I'm not exactly privy to digital art, and I don't trust myself with colored pencils, so instead you get a poorly edited sketch I made a few days ago.

 I'm not exactly privy to digital art, and I don't trust myself with colored pencils, so instead you get a poorly edited sketch I made a few days ago

Apologies if there are inaccuracies in the design. I don't typically draw with a reference, so I tried to make it as realistic-looking as I could. Let me know what you think!
-AceF