38

Trying to get through the podium celebration quickly was quite impossible. Lando secured a second place finish happily jumping out of the car and jumping into his teammates arms taking his helmet off before moving to Charlotte who hugged him with a smile on her face but also informing him of Matilda's condition. He looks at her with wide eyes but she quickly elbows him so people don't catch on.

His face returns back to normal despite fact that he was actually freaking out on the inside; she sends him a smile in reassurance as he walks to the cool down room where Max and Lewis sat. They could tell there was something wrong with him asking but he shakes his head basically telling them not here.

The trophy presentation and the champagne shower couldn't go any fast for Lando as soon as he saw the opportunity he left the stage champagne bottle and trophy in hand as he finds Charlotte waiting for him he walks up to her she singles for him to walk with her. So they take off back to McLaren as he asks a million different questions in under a minute.

"I've got you out of all of you're media duties so grab your things" was the first thing she told Lando as soon as they made it inside away from fans and any media personnel

"What? Is Tilly okay?" He ask as he starts shoving his things into his back leaving his clothes out so he could change

" she said that they were just Braxton hicks but more intense than normal" she explains landos eyes widen before going back to pack Charlotte leaves the room allowing him to change quickly before they both basically ran out the paddock avoiding any fans which Lando felt bad but some things were more important like the birth of his kid.

"Oh my god I'm gonna be a dad" he mutters to Charlotte she chuckles at him as they make it to his car that McLaren provided him for the weekend.

" Please be careful" she warns as he gets in the driver's seat quickly turning the car on he nods his head before giving one final wave to his media manager she laughs as he speeds off.

Lando carefully pulls his phone out of his pocket trying to call Matilda as he drives quickly to the airport where a private plane was waiting. Thank god for Max Verstappen, he thought at that moment they had come up with a plan when Lando first told him about Tilly being pregnant allowing Lando to use the jet in a situation exactly like this.

The phone rings loudly through the speakers Tilly taking longer than usual to pick up which made him worry. Finally the ringing stops a ruffling sound coming from the other side of the phone he lets out a breath that he was holding.

"I'm fine for now" was the first thing she said Lando sighed letting out a laughs as well

"Keywords for now" he tells her as he turns the car towards the direction of the airport which thankfully wasn't that far from the circuit Matilda laughs knowing that what he said was true

" no but seriously are you actually okay" Lando asks he knew the answer the moment he heard her wince.

"I'm not really sure honestly they are getting more intense but they're not getting closer in time" she tells him as she takes a bite of her strawberry vanilla ice cream.

They stayed on the phone until Lando arrived at the tarmac thankfully not having to go to the hotel as he had brought his suitcase to the track as he had already planned on leaving right after the race but after he did his media duties and other things as well. Stepping onto the plane greeting the pilots then sitting in a seat putting the seat belt on as they would take off as soon as he was ready.

As for Matilda she sat in bed still chomping down on her ice cream which she and baby Norris were definitely enjoying. Ollie and Oakley were in their own rooms, probably asleep but they knew about the possible contractions but the pregnant girl had forced them to go to sleep even though they didn't wanna leave the girls side.

Getting up and leaving the bedroom to put the ice cream away then returning back to the bedroom where Harry Potter played she had been on a Harry Potter watch party all day long only stopping to watch the race. She climbed back in bed getting comfy definitely not missing the Braxton hick that pops up she places her hand on her stomach rubbing it feeling little kicks.

Falling asleep was easier than she expected as she had been trying to sleep all day but couldn't relax at all. She could feel little pains throughout the night but nothing unbearable thankfully as for Lando he could barely sit still in his seat as the plane was up in the air getting closer to Monaco. He could feel the nerves building up in his body, nothing could prepare you on how to be a parent.

He was scared that he would mess up but he was excited to meet his little one, a smile settling on his face as he thought about holding his baby for the first time.

🧡
This book is nearly done😭