Promise Me

I will just continue writing in the first person style, I find POVs kinda difficult

This fanfic wasn't meant to be a sumt, just to clarify things. I genuinely love Nanami and I just want people to love him more as a character not only as a face. He's so precious omg

I wake up to heartbeats to my ears and sunlight against my face.

We nodded off. I'm not gonna say it's scandalous after what

happened last night but falling asleep in a man's lap was the last thing I imagined. Resting my head against Nanami's head is more comfortable than my pillow. All I remember is the taste of his tongue in my mouth.

I carefully lift my head off his chest and pause to examine his features. Strands of hair hover over his eyes, and I'm gonna be lying to myself if I don't admit that they turn me on. His hair is a hot mess; brighter than usual because of the sunlight.

That's a work of mine, I thought.

His cheekbones and sharp jawline are a matching set. He slightly opens his eyes and I freeze. He blinks once and twice then focuses on me. Back to our usual silent talk. Not until I notice the faint redness on his cheeks that I remember the way I'm sitting. I brush all of it away and lean to plant a kiss in his forehead.

" Good morning, Nanami "

He doesn't respond and instead gives me the faintest smile. I kiss his forehead a second and a third time  " I will be so sad if you die, so don't ".

" I will do my best not to " he says, his mouth's corners spread to an obvious little smile. We both know that there's no one to see us basically because it's Sunday, otherwise I would have zipped back my dress.

Nanami's stomach grumbles and I let out a chuckle. It's cute how this side of him never matches his everyday character. He says nothing to my chuckle and drops his eyes to the floor." I suggest we find ourselves something to eat ", I say.

I zip back my dress and use my fingers as a comb to fix my hair. Next to me, Nanami buttons up his shirt. I don't hesitate to sneak a glance at his abs. Defined, the kind that ends in a V shape. I try to conceal my excitement to talk. " I know where to go. "

" Huh " His eyebrows quirk in confusion. I know what I mean when I say this, and I mean that we go together. It's a normal thing, but obviously he has been alone for too long that he doesn't get the hint. " I mean together, let's go there together ".

He finally meets my eyes with a nod.

   -------------------------------------------------------

" Welcome ", the bakery girl says. She slowly looks between me and Nanami, but I can't tell what she means. " Lettuce sandwich and croissant ? ", she asks.

" Yes ", Nanami and I say at once, and catch each other's eyes. I can tell he's confused.
" She's a regular customer, too ", the girl interrupts.

" I see ", he tells her.

" Can you make a double of both, please ? ", I gesture at the items in her hands. " Sure".

" Come again please ", she calls after us.

I decided that we would get coffee on the way.
" I know a beautiful spot in the park ", I say.

When we reach the desired bench, I take my time to inhale and exhale fresh air like always. From the corner of my eye I catch Nanami staring at me. I hand him the coffee. I want to try the things he likes so I bought the bread. I tear at the plastic file and take a bite.

The first thing that comes to taste is lettuce, I don't force myself to chew for it's not bad, it's quite the opposite " This is good, actually ", I say with a mouthful.

" I was thinking about what you said yesterday," he begins, " about how it was your fault that your brother died ". I swallow my food with force.

Nanami, on the contrary, is calm while talking, gazing at the river. It's easy to talk to people or about them without direct eye contact. " It's not your fault. It's not even close to be " he says. This calls out for my tears, but I fight them back.

" You carry a burden that is not yours to carry, y/n. "

I elbow him because he must have forgotten how he was an emotional mess yesterday.
" You're not one to talk ", I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my laugh. " Let's not be hard on ourselves from now on, okay? "

" Hardship will always be present ", he says, a heavy breath follows. I'm curious about him, once again. " Nanami ", I say, taking his hand in mine " I want to know more about the things you do ".

His hands are gaintic they can fit both mine.
" Very well. Since you're persistent, ". I let go of his hands because he seems to need it to explain. " the thing is, I have another job outside the company, one of the most dangerous ones out there. I need money and that job pays really well better that the company would ever do. "

" So you're in danger? ", I ask.

" Deadly danger "

I'm surprised that he's still calm while saying this, but I'm definitely not " And you're what? Doing it anyway ? ". He sees the worry in my eyes and says " I can't quit even if I want. There's so many people in danger, and we First-Grade-Sorceresses are the most reliable ".

" First-Grade ", I repeat not knowing what he got himself into.

" It's complicated, I know. "

" It's not fair. Why do you have to be in danger for others, no one is in danger for you ". The memory of my brother's girlfriend hits me. People just can't help being selfish, so why?

" I don't have much choice. "

" Then I need you to promise me that you will stay safe even in danger. Flee, run, I don't care just stay safe, please. "

" Umm ".