chapter 362

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

But Jeremy did not want to hear whatever it was she wanted to say.

Before Jeremy could push her away, however, a guest walked in the middle of that madness.

He walked past Jeremy and Victoria and went directly into the living room. It was a doctor named Roger, the McConnell family doctor who was the one doing a paternity test for Elsa and the McConnells.

"Roger, we weren't expecting you today," James said, trying to make this situation a little less awkward as

Rosanna ran to pull Victoria back on her feet.

Since Victoria wouldn't leave Jeremy, Rosanna told Jeremy so he would come back, "Jeremy, please come back. What this man wants to say might interest you."

Jeremy looked at Rosanna not understanding what those words meant.

"Well, the results were ready and I thought I should bring them as soon as possible. Is this a bad time?" Roger asked, looking at Victoria who was being brought back to the living room with tears in her eyes.

"No, no. Of course not!" James said with a faint smile.

"Results for what?" Jeremy asked, completely unaware. What were these results that might interest him?

James answered him, "Jeremy, due to us being suspicious about Elsa being our child, we called our family doctor, Roger Shepherd. We wanted him to help us know for sure if Elsa was our child. So we took her DNA and got it tested, comparing it with mine."

When Victoria heard that, her heart that she was trying to calm started beating fast. With the Callahans here, she could be exposed for lying, especially with how mad Jeremy was at her.

When Jeremy heard that, he walked back inside. He had to hear this.

"Wait, wait... You stole my wife's DNA?" Jeremy asked, feeling annoyed. Elsa had obviously not given it to them, and he didn't either, so they stole it.

Hearing Jeremy call Elsa his wife made Victoria clench her fists in anger. She felt extremely jealous of Elsa at that moment.

"We were only trying to find our daughter, Jeremy. Don't blame us," James said. He then turned to the doctor and said, "Please, Roger, let us hear the results."

The doctor took out papers from the envelope he was carrying so he could read the results on them.

"Relations were found in the DNA. James McConnell, you are the father!"

He then turned to Rosanna and said, "Rosanna McConnell, you are the mother!"

Rosanna started trembling immediately as her entire body grew weak. Everything she had done to Elsa came back as a flashback.

Her heart was happy to have found her child, but it hurt as well because of how it hated it and how Rosanna treated that child cruelly.

She did not know what to say at that moment. She turned to her husband and said, "James, we found our Gloria. Finally!"

She started breaking down in tears immediately after that.

James rushed to his wife and hugged her tightly. A lone tear fell down his face.

"We have Rosanna. We found our baby girl!" His voice cracked as he began to cry.

He had that feeling from the moment he laid eyes on Elsa. If only he had acted on it sooner, maybe their daughter wouldn't have 'died' the first time.

Rosanna suddenly jumped out of his embrace and said with a screeching voice, "We have to go and find her! We have to go and find our daughter right now!"

------------

While all this was happening, Elsa had broken into the McConnell Mausoleum and with the torch on her phone, she was looking for a plate written 'Carter McConnell.'

If she turned on the lights, she would get caught for trespassing, so she had to use a flashlight.

Turns out she didn't have to look for long because the lion cubs of the McConnell family had their special space.

Elsa looked at each one of them and found the one written 'Carter McConnell' immediately.

And the crypt of him seemed to have a lock on it.

She didn't care if the rest of them also did, she was just glad this one did. She took the key from her pocket and entered it into the keyhole.

And when she tried to turn the key, it turned smoothly. And then, the crypt opened like a big stone drawer. Elsa almost shrieked with pure joy and she checked what was inside.

And everything she found, she put in her backpack she had before closing it and leaving the mausoleum quickly. She only left his urn that had his ashes.

Elsa was basically running back to the car as she looked around, making sure no one was around.

When she reached the driveway, however, because she could get into Jeremy's car, she heard footsteps behind her.

Turning around, she was a little nervous. But she instantly calmed down when she saw Jeremy.

“Did you find it?" Jeremy asked as he approached Elsa.

Jeremy looked happier than he was before. He also looked like a heavy weight had been lifted off his shoulder. Why was that?

Elsa did not care enough to ask so she said, "Yes, Jeremy. We should leave."

But before Jeremy  could open the car door for her so Elsa could  get inside, Elsa heard a voice calling for her.

"Elsa!"

She turned around and saw Rosanna running towards her from the house as she was accompanied by her husband.

Elsa immediately thought she was busted for sneaking into their home and started looking for excuses.

But then she saw the sad but happy look on Rosanna's face, which had her confused, wondering what was going on.

And what was even more surprising was the moment Rosanna reached where Elsa was, she dropped down on her knees in front of Elsa.

"Elsa, please forgive me. I beg you. Please. Forgive me for everything," she cried to her as her hand reached out for hers so she could hold it.

She barely touched Elsa's hand when Elsa pulled it away.

She then quickly stepped away from Rosanna.

"What is this? What is going on?" She asked basically clueless as to why rosanna was on her knees in front of her, while crying helplessly.

While still kneeling, Rosanna said to her, "Elsa, we did a paternity test on you and us. And it came out positive. You are our daughter."

“Forgive me, Elsa. Please,” she added as she watched Elsa’s face turn pale.