Chapter 18: Spooky Pookie

"So you are actually dating now?" Arlo smiles as i tell him the story at the lockers

I nod.

He screams and hugs me slightly before clapping excitedly.

"This is perfect! Now we can do Spooky Pookie together!"

"What?" I frown.

"You know! Spooky Pookie!"

"I don't know."

"Oh, well it's where you present a costume to your partner and then you go trick or treating."

"Did you make this up?"

He nods, "It's fun though right?"

I nod, "Sure."

"What should we all go as, hmmm, maybe uhhhh, OOO! We can go as Tellitubbies!! We have to present it tonight."

I nod along. If he wants to include me i'll go.

"Or we could go as men in black! Ooooo! We could go as Mario characters... NO! We should go as s'mores!"

My brain struggles to comprehend all of what he's throwing out at me.

"Henry what do you think we should go as?"

"Whatever makes you happy." I tell him.

"Awe you're so sweet." He pokes my nose.

I feel arms wrap around me and i look down as Nellie wraps her arms around my and cuddles into my side.

I move my hand to her waist and her head tilts up to me. I blush at the instant eye contact.

"Hi baby," Nellie smiles.

"Hi sweetheart," I lower my head to kiss her forehead but she raises her head till our lips meet.

I hear Arlo and Eva giggle, along with Cora, Oakley, Hayden and Coen.

Nellie and i pull away and she laughs looking at them as i blush till my face turns into a tomato.

Lilly and Janet walk over, i hold Nellie tighter.

If Janet did that to Arlo, she could do it to me too.

Lilly smiles at my girlfriend, "Hey Nellie," Her voice is faker, her face has more makeup, her lips are glossed, her skin covered in fake tan, her clothes short with uncomfortable sayings.

She's different from when i first met her.

"Nellie, i think you should pluck your eyebrows," Lilly giggles.

"You should shorten your shirt, would make people more interested." Janet says.

I squeeze Nellie, letting her know i'm here.

"Don't talk about her that way," I frown.

"Awh, you little simp," Lilly cackles.

"Go throw up in the toilet, might help you loose weight." Janet looks at Nellie.

Nellie leaves my grip and begins to run off.

I'm about to go after her when Cora and Eva stop us all, "Let us handle this, please," Cora says.

All of us nod.

"What the fuck is wrong with you both? Why the fuck would you say that?" I sneer.

They both snicker at me before walking off.

I'm about to follow after they when Arlo, Hayden, Oakley and Coen stop me.

"Don't bother, they'll use it against her." Oakley says, has tight.

Why do people have to be so fucking mean? Why does it have to be like this? Why is it like this?

I push the door to the bathroom open as a sob flies out my mouth.

I wipe my tears, take quick breathes to stop myself from crying.

I'm the nice, happy girl. I shouldn't cry. It shouldn't affect me.

I look at myself in the mirror, making sure my makeup is okay and not ruined.

The door to the bathroom flies open as Eva and Cora come in.

"Are you okay?" Eva asks.

I nod, pull a smile, "I'm good, doesn't bother me, they're just annoying."

They nod, brows drawn, tight jaw.

"Really, i'm okay." I continue.

I'm fine. I'm fine.

I reach into my pocket and grab out a lolly, offering my friends some.

I have a few to raise my blood sugar. It was dropping. It does when i cry, no, nearly cry.

I leave the bathroom and i go back to the boys who are huddled around, Henry leaning against the locker.

I walk up to him and wrap myself around him, letting his large frame crowd over me and ground me.

One of his hands is on my waist, the other massaging the back of my head.

"Don't listen to them," Henry lowers his head to my ear, "They are lying, sweetheart, you're beautiful. And you're healthy, that's what matters."

I look up at him.

He thinks i'm normal, he doesn't look at me differently because i have diabetes, he doesn't treat me different because of it.

And i wish the world could react the same.

if someone comments "that was so random" TEENAGE GIRLS ARE ACTUALLY THAT FUCKING MEAN