𝐑𝐮𝐧. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄.☆

𝐁𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟏𝟗𝐓𝐇, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

                         **𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖫𝖮𝖦𝖴𝖤**

"GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" Valerie exclaimed, her head throbbing as she desperately fought off the man who claimed to have "loved her." The dimly lit room added to the tension, casting long shadows on the worn-out furniture and peeling wallpaper. Valerie's heart raced, a mix of fear and frustration coursing through her veins.

"YOU CAN'T FUCKING LEAVE ME VAL I FUCKING OWN YOU. YOU'D BE NOTHING WITHOUT ME!" Brian yelled, his grip on Valerie tightening as she flailed around, desperately trying to break free. His face contorted with anger, veins pulsating on his forehead, as he refused to let go.

"PLEASE, BRIAN, STOP!" Valerie screamed at the top of her lungs, her throat raw and her body sore from the countless confrontations. She had reached her breaking point. After two years of trying to salvage their relationship, of forgiving him for cheating and enduring his abusive behavior, Valerie had finally mustered the courage to walk away. The endless cycle of lies and mistreatment had taken its toll.

"I LOVE YOU, VAL! WHO WILL EVER LOVE YOU LIKE I DO?! HUH WHO WILL VAL?!" Brian's voice cracked with desperation, his face turning a deep shade of red. He pinned Valerie down onto the floor of their cramped, cluttered one-bedroom apartment.

"WHO WILL LOVE YOU LIKE I DO?! HUH?!" He repeated, his words echoed in her ears, a painful reminder of the twisted love he claimed to have for her.

Summoning all her strength, Valerie fought back with determination. Her hands scrambled on the floor, desperately searching for something she could use to defend herself. And then, her fingers closed around a hard, blunt object. Without a second thought, she grabbed it and swung it towards Brian's head, causing him to stumble and crash beside her, disoriented and clutching his injured head.

Seizing the opportunity, Valerie scrambled to her feet and sprinted towards the nearest room, locking the door behind her. It was their bedroom, a space that had witnessed the terrible pain of love. Inside, she frantically searched for essentials, her eyes darting around like a frightened cat. Her heart pounded in her chest, drowning out all other sounds, as the doorknob violently shook from Brian's desperate attempts to break in.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR VAL!" He yelled, his pounding becoming louder as he grew impatient

With trembling hands, Valerie grabbed a bag and callously shoved clothes into it, her thoughts focused solely on escape. The walls trembled as Brian's pounding on the door intensified, filling the room with a sense of imminent danger.

Panicked, Valerie made a split-second decision. She opened the window, relief washing over her as she realized they lived on the first floor. Without hesitation, she threw her bag out and followed suit, jumping out into the dark night. Pain shot through her bare feet as she landed on the rough pavement, but she ignored it, driven by a desperate need for freedom. With only the clothes on her back and the few items hastily packed in her mini backpack, she ran and ran.

The bustling apartment complex blurred as Valerie sprinted through, her heartbeat pounding in her ears. The sharp rocks stabbed at the soles of her feet, but she pushed through the pain, driven by a newfound determination. She ran until she reached a bus station, her breath ragged, but her spirit unbroken. In a frantic frenzy, Valerie purchased a ticket to Los Angeles, in hopes of a fresh start and a chance to rebuild her life. As she stood in line, the weight of the past slowly lifted from her shoulders.

With a final deep breath, Valerie stepped onto the bus, leaving Brian and the painful memories behind. She refused to look back, her eyes fixed on the road ahead.