THREE

episode 3;

Pack Mentality

~~~~~~~~~

"Allie I'm heading to school early!" June shouts to her sister, "You can take the car!"

"Thanks!" Allison shouts back. June walks out the front door and to her bike, arriving at school only a few minutes later. She sits on the stairs out front and starts reading waiting for the bell. people start turning up and she sees Scott and Stiles in the crowd. She squints her eyes at them before deciding to pack up and head into class. Stiles sees her head into the building and subconsciously smiles.

~~~~

"You know we should probably stop staring before it gets to obvious." Stiles suggests to his best friend as they admire the popular people for their status and ability to get girlfriends with a snap of their fingers. Instead of eating their lunch.

"Way too late," they turn to see where the voice came from. They see June sitting at the end of their table, "you guys are losers." Stiles gives her an offended look while Scott nods in agreement and understanding.

"But you're sitting here...with us...the losers." Stiles speaks slowly as the two boys give her confused expressions.

"And?" She responds without missing a beat.

"What he means is why are you sitting here," Scott explains.

"Cause I don't have any friends." The two give her a baffled look and she returns back to her book.

"What about Lydia?"

"Not friends, yet," she pauses, realising they won't get it. "She's the Regina George of our school and I will not fall into society's typical popularity trap that is so obviously rigged." She explains not even sparing the boys a glance. They share a look of confusion before realising that she is correct, making them share another confused look. Scott goes to ask her more but sees that she's not there. He catches a glimpse of brown hair leaving the cafeteria.

"What the-how?" Scott turns to his friend who wears a confused look but with a bit of pride peaking through it.

"I don't know."

They see a frustrated June coming back into the cafeteria with Allison pushing her towards Lydia's table. "And she's back," Stiles mutters.

"Why did you bring me back?" June asks Allison as her sister pushes her towards Lydia's table.

"Because I want you to have friends."

"You're being mean," June states.

"Because I want you to have friends?" Allison asks confused.