1 - Systems? This Is Gonna Be Interesting!

This was definitely not what I was expecting.

What did I even do to get into this situation?

Why am I trapped and wrapped around a giant spider web? With a girl cuddling me!?

This wasn't an ordinary girl! Taking a closer look at her, there are long, dark spider legs protruding out of her back which are hugging me tightly. Escape was not likely from these strong appendages.

Even though she is sleeping soundly, the grip from her spider legs still had a strong lock around me. I could do nothing but gaze at her in the meantime. I could see her other pair of eyes on her head. Yes, really. Three more pairs.

The appearance of this system has brought me into this mess... I have a bad feeling this won't be the last... For a good while.

_____________________________

I'm simply just an average high school boy. I know, this sounds exactly like what any story with the same statement at the start then shows that the protagonist can break world records like it's no big deal. I am, in all ways, normal. I just look like any other typical black haired anime boy #3.

My name is Lucas Owens. I have an average name. Lucas is one of the top 10 most popular names in America since 2018, somehow more common than the name Luke. I live in an average town in Maine, and go to an average high school. I even partake in my school's Dungeons and Dragons club. I'm just an average sophomore.

At least that's what I told myself while rubbing my eyes after looking at a transparent screen floating in front of me! It looks like a system like in an RPG. I was still asleep, right? Did I read too much Solo Leveling into the unholy hours of the night and started hallucinating?

I reached out to it. Upon my fingers touching the interface, the system popped up.

"Welcome to the [Harem System]!" Those were the words stated on the transparent panel.

Confused, I was staring at it until I felt an itch. I began scratching it.

...

An itch? You can't feel those in your dreams, right? I blinked, closed my eyes for a few more seconds, tried going back to sleep... It was still there.

Pushing my pillow onto the back frame at an angle, I got into a better position to look at the thing.

"Might as well see what this is." I muttered.

I lifted my finger and tapped the screen. Instead of being surprised by the screen reacting to my tapping, I was surprised by the voice instead.

"Hello Host!" A disembodied female voice said. This voice didn't come from any direction. It was as if I was wearing headphones.

"Only you can hear me, Host." She points out. "I am apart of you."

You can hear me?

"I can." Stated the system's voice.

Well there goes the privacy of my own thoughts!

"Well, what is this 'system' anyway?" I asked.

"This is the [Harem System]! A system to help you get a harem!" The voice said in an enthusiastic voice.

"But what if I don't want a harem?" I argued. "I wish I had the confidence you think I had! One girl seems to already be a hard time to get, But a HAREM!?"

"You're a teenage boy. Your hormones are just boiling with fantasies of having a harem!" The system says.

"Touché. But I just wanna have a good average high school life with my friends." I argued.