Two

The first week back at Hogwarts, Stella, James, and Peter had completed their transformations into becoming Animagus.

This was Stella's Animagus form:

This was James':

And lastly this was Peter's:

Once the three had gotten the hang of transforming, they revealed their plan to Remus

"Are you three out of your bloody minds?!" Remus snapped at his friends who were animals.

"Only slightly. But hey! Now you have company when you're a big fluffball." Stella said after she turned back.

"Does the Ministry know what you three have done?" Remus asked in exasperation.

"Nope." James replied, popping the p at the end.

"What if one of you gets hurt? I could never live with myself if I hurt any of you." Remus said, voice full of despair and self hatred.

"Moony, we didn't decide to do this on a whim. We researched everything. Werewolves don't go after animals, only humans. We'll be careful. Trust me." Stella said. She wasn't always serious, but when it came to her friends, she could be.

"I trust you. It's me, I don't trust." Remus said.

"Now, let's decide on nicknames." Stella said, rubbing her hands together giddily.

***************
After calming Remus down, the Marauders began spitballing nicknames.

"Ooh, I've got the perfect one for Stells. Fluffy." James said, grinning proudly at himself until Stella threw a pillow at his face.

"I may be a dog, but I'm not a pet. I quite like Padfoot, though. My paws are soft like pads."

"What about Peter?" James asked after fixing his glasses that had knocked sideways from the pillow.

"His tail looks like a worm. So, Wormtail." Remus piped up after closing his book.

"As for you, James, why not Spike. Cause of your antlers." Stella suggested with a smirk.

"I'll tickle you. Keep it up." James said, pointing his finger in Stella's face only to move it away quickly after she tried to bite him.

"They're actually called Prongs." Remus said, grinning at the two in amusement.

"Then that's my nickname. Prongs." James said, standing on the couch like a superhero. That is until Stella made him fall.

"So, we've got Padfoot, Prongs, Moony, and Wormtail." Peter listed off.

"The Marauders." James said grinning.

"Ooh, we should make a map of Hogwarts!" Stella said randomly.

**************

"You're staring." Remus said, not looking up from his book at the table in the Great Hall.

"What?! I'm not staring, you're staring!" Stella hissed back.

In fact, she was staring. At none other than James Potter, of course.

Said boy was currently trying to ask Lily on a date and was failing as always.

Remus looked at Stella unimpressed.

"Why won't you tell him how you feel and get together already. It's obvious you both fancy the pants off each other." Remus said, looking confused.

"He's in love with Lily. Not me." Stella sighed sadly, glancing back at James.

*************

As Stella was walking to Defense Against The Dark Arts, she was pulled into a broom cupboard.

"Hey! At least take me to The Three Broomsticks first!" She snapped.

"No thanks. I'd rather not take my older sister on a date." Regulus Black said sarcastically.

"What's with the secrecy, Reg?" Stella asked getting to the point.

"You needed to know before Mum sends a letter. She's found you a husband. It's Evan Rosier." Regulus said in disgust.

"Ew! Rosier?! Does she know how vile he is?!" Stella asked rhetorically, running her hands through her long black hair.

"You can't come home for the holidays, Stell. You have to run." Regulus said, slightly panicked.

"No. I'm not leaving you with her, Reg."

"I'll be fine. They won't hurt me." Regulus said, trying to reason with Stella.

"I'm not running. You don't know they won't hurt you. It's final. I'll figure something out. You focus on school, don't worry about me." Stella said pulling Regulus into a hug.

"I'll always worry about you, Stell."

******************

Months passed and now it was time for winter break. Stella had been silent the whole train ride which was highly unusual for the raven haired witch.

"Alright, Padfoot. What's going on." James said, dragging her into an empty compartment.

"I'm fine, Prongs. Don't worry." Stella said and went to leave but James blocked her path.

"Don't lie to me. You never lie to me." James said sternly.

Stella sighed. "Walburga is forcing me to marry Evan Rosier. If I don't go home, they'll hurt Reggie. He's my baby brother. I have to protect him. And before you say anything, nothing will ever stop me from protecting him." Stella explained.

James heart broke at what she said.

"Even if I told you I love you?" James whispered brokenly.

"What?" Stella asked, shocked.

"I love you, Stella Black. I always have. I never loved Lily. I was trying to make you jealous, but it never seemed to work."

"You bloody idiot! Of course it always worked. I despised seeing you flirt with her. It killed me! Why are you telling me now?" Stella said, crying.

"Because I want you to stay with me. Don't be a hero. Be my girl. I'll keep you safe." James said, cupping her face in his hands.

"I. You. I can't say no to you. Do realize how long I've waited to hear those words come from you?" Stella said leaning her face into his hands.

"Feels like forever." James said.

"I'll stay. But on one condition."

"Anything."

"We have to get Regulus out of that house.

A/N: not as long as I'd hoped, but oh well. Another chapter done. I hope you all enjoyed it. I know they're moving fast but I'm impatient and frankly I don't care lol. Vote or comment if you enjoyed the new chapter! I love you all and stay safe out there💞💞💞