Chapter 7: Strange Group - Day 2

****

At midnight, a group of people had gathered by a stream. The light from the moon wasnt bright enough, but for these people it didnt matter because they werent exactly humans.

Everyone had a sober look on their face, but a certain individual had a frown. This made those who stood by his side to be concerned.

Xavier had calmed down a bit a few hours ago when Ian spoke to him, but now the thought of having to bury his father without his body was making his blood boil and his anger to return.

Floating on the stream was a boat that had been tied to a pole that was erected by the stream and on land were a few werewolves in human form even those who were not from the deceased pack were present to show their respect.

Inside the boat there was a framed photo of Clint Harvey, Xavier and Ians father. The photo was laid in front of the boat. They didnt always use the photo of the deceased during a burial especially for someone as great as Clint Harvey, but Clints body was not recovered so they had to use another alternative.

The boat was set on fire, and was loosed from the pole it had been tied to. Everyone stood and watched as the boat floated, they waited until the fire died down and the boat sank down into the stream.

****

Today, Sage had woken up earlier than her normal time, because yesterday Ericka had surprised her by waking up much earlier, so she didnt want to be put in the same situation she was in yesterday.

She had already set breakfast for Ericka by the time Ericka woke up and she got ready for school so the twins wouldnt have the opportunity to leave her again.

The twins came down just immediately after Ericka left for work. When they came down from the stairs, Clara accidentally stepped on Brunos tail, the poor dog scrambled to its feet and fled while he cried.

Stupid dog Clara said.

Claras words had not come as a surprise to Sage. The dog belonged to the twins, they got it as a present on their fourteenth birthday, but ever since they clocked sixteen they have treated the dog like trash.

Sage rolled her eyes at Clara before leaving the room to check up on Bruno, before she would return the twins had gotten into their vehicle and was driving away.

See you later witch, ha-ha Clara laughed as she zoomed off

Sage couldnt believe it, after all her preparations the twins had still left her behind. She could decide to stay home, but the thought of staying alone just watching the hours go by made her change her mind. She would rather drive in the dirty old car and bear with her nemesis, Tasha, than to sit at home unentertained.

****

At school, Sage was eating lunch with Clark when Tasha approached their table.

Sage, how are you doing and how is your boyfriend Tasha asked in a very nice voice which was odd. Tasha had never talked to her in such a way; anyways Sage ignored Tasha like she was unaware Tasha was talking to her.

Sage, who is she talking about? Clark asked and Sage threw him daggers with her eyes for spoiling her act, but anyways she continued.

Who? sage asked before looking to her side oh Tasha! how long have you been standing there sage asked still putting on an act.

Not long, Sage Tasha replied I saw you talking to the new guy, so Im assuming he asked you out although Tasha was acting nice, her eyes were filled with jealousy. Tasha felt like the prettiest girl in school and expects every guy to crush on her, so it had come as a surprise to her when she saw the new guy talking to sage, the pettiest girl.