Chapter 6: Ren's weakness

I woke up the next morning with an aromatic smell from the kitchen all the way to my room which made my stomach surprisingly growl in desperation to devour. Usually, I would wake up at ten in the morning and have a brunch instead. But right now, it's just seven o'clock and it's hard to ignore the tempting smell swirling all around my room coming from the half-opened door.

Groaning, I mustered all my strength to get up even though there's an invisible rope holding me down. It was a lot of hard work for me. After I washed my face, brushed my teeth and slipped on into a pair of grey sweatpants, I immediately went down to the kitchen.

With the clicks of my crutches against the tiled floor as I swung the kitchen door open, Ren was already plating the food that he cooked. He was even wearing my Mom's pink apron with flower designs which was quite adorable.

"I didn't know we have a new chef." I greeted him. I bit my lip to prevent myself from smiling as I saw how he jerked upon seeing me and immediately took the apron off.

"Iris!" Ren stuttered which was unusual since he was always the calm and collected type, "You're early!" he then cleared his throat.

"I told you it would work!" Isaac suddenly swung the door open behind me which caught me surprised, "You believe me now?"

"What would work are you talking about?!" I crossed my arms as I glared at them. Ren, who looked flustered, looked away while my ever mischievous brother just grinned at me.

"Ate..." Isaac wrapped his arm around my shoulders while that creepy smug look lingered on his face which only meant that he was planning something, "Do you know that Ren couldn't even last three seconds of making eye contact with you and his face would fluster? It's really amusing."

Ren's face flushed wine red with Isaac's words. I then smiled, "I noticed it too! I thought it was just my imagination."

Ren, instead, furrowed his brows, "No, I'm not! Don't be conceited, Iris."

"Ate, let's test it!" Isaac urged. It was evident on his face that he's enjoying teasing Ren. I don't want to be a hypocrite either. Ren's reactions are definitely amusing. Even though he looked like some smart-ass royalty, he's innocent at times and he would lose his usual cool facade. Just this once, I'll give my brother's plan a shot.

"Okay then." I smiled as I looked at Ren straight in his eyes, into the depths of the person that haven't completely grasped yet, "I dare you, Ren."

"Will you stop and eat your breakfast after this?" He asked. Ren looked like he doesn't want to hurt his pride either so he cleared his throat before looking straight at my eyes.

I grinned, "Sure."

1...

My face was covered in entirety by Ren's slim but long fingers in just a second then all I could hear was his coughs and Isaac loud chuckles.

"Dude, it's only a second and your ears are already bright red!" Isaac teased him in between his laughs. He was even holding his stomach from too much laughter.

I removed his hand to see his face but he immediately turned me around as he held me on the waist to support me, "Eat your breakfast, Iris."

"Butー" I tried to look at him behind me but he stopped me on the shoulders with his two large hands.

"Eat." Ren demanded as he forcefully let me sit on one of the chairs and put a serving of rice and adobo in front of me.

"I think it's better to follow him at this moment, Ate." Isaac said while a smile remained etched on his face and he took a spoonful of the chicken adobo that Ren just cooked, "This is your first time cooking it but you're amazingly good Ren!" he then shook his head as if having no choice, "Is this an invitation for a cooking competition with my sister? If you could cook a much better baked oyster then I'll bet for you."