You'd come over and say I looked lovely

"How about a spot of spin the bottle?"

You and your companions were supposed to be joining each other for an evening around the campfire, but those plans got squandered once the storm started. So there you were, huddled up in Gale's tent and drinking the rest of the wine.

After all the small talk was out of the way, things really went downhill. It got a tad awkward with most people not knowing what to say, part of you wished it was like this more on your outings.

"Really, Gale? Spin the bottle? What are we, twelve?." Astarion sat to the side of the group, lacking his usual witty banter. He'd been brooding the whole time and mostly only spoke up when nitpicking someone on their stories.

"Someone's got their panties in a twist," Shadowheart thought she muttered under her breath.

"I heard that!"

Karlach kept glancing from Gale to Astarion to Shadowheart and back, "Oh, don't be a downer, Astarion. I think it's a great idea, Gale - though the most I could give is only a peck of course."

"I also think this could be fun." Wyll chimed in.

"What is 'spin the bottle'?" Lae'zel examined her companions, seemingly the only one in the dark about all this.

"It's where we get a bottle, like so," Gale picked up the empty wine bottle, "and you spin it around."

"That's very simple, how can that be fun?"

"Well, whoever the bottle points to, you have to kiss."

Lae'zel's expression morphed into one of utter bewilderment, "...I see. I will not be participating in this game of yours."

"Boo. Alright who is playing, then?" Karlach, ever excitable as always.

Alongside Gale and Karlach, Shadowheart, Wyll, Halsin and you agreed to play.

"Come on, Astarion. Have a go!" You were sat in a circle with Astarion on the outside, watching, "What's the worst that could happen?"

"I don't know, Gale, what if one of you has herpes, I don't want to catch your diseases."

"If any of us has herpes, it would be you, Astarion. You've been around more than all of us combined." It turned out tipsy Shadowheart was particularly cruel. Everyone knew about Astarion's past and how he felt.

"I bet you think you're so great for coming up with that comeback, don't you. Yes, let's all call out Astarion because he must be best kisser since he's such a whore." He promptly stood up, "fine. You want me to play. Fine. I'll play your children's game." He found a place opposite you, between Gale and Wyll and squeezed in, looking rather cramped like he was trying not to touch them.

"If he doesn't want to play I don't think he should have to-

"I said it's fine! You don't need to look out for me... especially not an actual bear." He uttered the last bit under his breath.

"Astarion, if you're sure-

"Yes. Yes, I'm sure. Yes, I want to play. Yes. Everyone knows, I know how to say no now so if I say yes, I must mean it."  Refusing to look at anyone, he glared at the ground.

You quietly scrutinised him, wondering what was wrong because there was clearly a cause for concern. There had to be a reason he was acting this way.

"Well... I suppose if you're sure." Trying to fix the mood, Gale's face instantly brightened and he clapped his hands together, "alright, who wants to start?"

Karlach went first and it landed on Halsin, which resulted in a very awkward peck and a nod from both of them afterwards.

On Halsin's turn it landed on Gale and they proceeded to fully make out - tongue and everything - in front of the group. Maybe it was less awkward for them but it was more awkward for everyone else. Especially Karlach who basically had Halsin's ass in her face the entire time.