Chapter 31: Farewell, Myself of the Past

"Suddenly I wanted to go back and be in all the places I'd ever been, every street I'd walked down, every room I'd sat down in. I wanted to see it all again. I tried to remember my life, flipping through Polaroids in my mind... But I knew that even if I could go back, if such a thing were possible with exactitude, in life or in dreams, there was really no point." - Ottessa Moshfegh

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

XXX

A few days had passed since the reunion and with the extra hands around the house, the fence was put up, the garden was complete, and pretty much everything at Tai's house was done, but even then, the jobs were far from over as Jaune and the others had agreed to take care of some Grimm for the locals and the town of Cobble.

Now, it was the day before they would leave for Vacuo, and this time, the group was going to be taking a ship to Vacuo, they all had finished packing by now and for the rest of the day, they had simply wanted to rest.

"Ugh! It feels like we haven't had a moment to rest!" Vernal cried as she sat on the couch.

Jaune chuckled as he sat next to her, letting out a sigh of exhaustion, "Tell me about it, but hey, now we've got some extra money when we get to Vacuo," Jaune told her.

Maria sat on the couch with a bag of cashews in her lap, "Indeed, I believe we're all quite tired," she said.

"You didn't do a thing!" Deery and Oscar cried.

Jaune grabbed the remote and turned on the TV where the news was playing.

{"Lisa Lavenader here with VNN, in recent news, it seems that General Ironwood had let go of his position as Headmaster of Atlas Academy and given it to none other than Mantle's very own, Robyn Hill," Lisa said}

Jaune and Deery's eyes widened with surprise when they heard the news about Robyn becoming the Headmaster of Atlas Academy, and that's when Jaune remembered what Ironwood had told him in the Hospital room.

"See, Mr. Arc, with Robyn being praised as a hero, certain things will come out about her, her time training in the Military, her beliefs of unifying Mantle and Atlas, everything in her spotless and clean record, and with her as the hero, I can help her accomplish her dream,"

Jaune smiled, 'So that's what you were talking about Ironwood,' he said with a smile.

Vernal grabbed the remote and changed the Channel, "Ugh, boring!" She cried.

The channel was changed and a show appeared, {"It seems today~! That's all you see~!"}

Deery groaned, "Please change the channel, this show isn't as good as it used to be!"

Vernal smiled, "Agreed!" Vernal replied as she changed the channel.

On the next channel, it was some talk show with Headmaster Lionheart.

{"So, the Vytal Festival is coming up this year, how do you feel Mistral will do this year?"}

{Lionheart chuckled, "I think that we've got a good chance of winning this year, in fact, I believe the other academies better watch out!" Lionheart proclaimed with a smile.}

Jaune's eyes widened with realization, "I almost forgot the Vytal Festival was coming up," Jaune said.

"Really?" Maria said.