Chapter 7

"It's a regret to inform everyone that the upcoming fest has been postponed to 17th December. Hopefully all the classes have enough time to prepare for their performances. Do well and make us proud".

That's what the notice board said. Ryan was kind of unhappy but happy too. He had enough time to practice his dance but was bummed at the fest being postponed.

"What's up sugar?" Ash suddenly appears beside him.
"Can you stop calling me that. People will hear-
"You do realize they don't care right?" He smirks.

Ugh what a jerk.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to my group. They're waiting in the cafeteria". He casually grabs Ryan's hand which caused him to flinch and gasp. Ash was startled but soon understood.

He's still getting used to all this.

"My bad. Let's keep going". He says and lets go of his hand. Ryan felt terrible but he needed time to get used to all this. He was trying his best.

Soon the boys reached the cafeteria and Emma waved her hand. They go up to them and Ash gives them each a warm hug. Ryan was awkwardly standing there, knowing that the group probably doesn't like him.

Michelle stared at him like she was gonna kill him any moment. Ryan kept his eyes on the floor and played with the hem of his shirt, feeling scared. Seeing this, Michelle's eyes softened a little.

Poor boy is so scared.

She gets up and moves towards him, standing in front of him. "Let's start over shall we? I'm Michelle". She brings her hand out for a handshake. Ryan was surprised at the gesture but nonetheless smiled and reciprocated the handshake.

The group had held their breathes and finally sighed in relief, thanking for the tension to disappear.

"Well take your seat buddy, from now on you're in our group". Liam cheerfully says making Ryan smile.
They all sat and had a merry time together. Ryan got to know that the three first met when they were 11. He felt soft seeing how their friendship has still stayed this strong even after so many years.

"And then Liam was so stressed out because he didn't know what to gift Michelle. So he tied a ribbon on his head and acted like he was the gift". Emma says making Ryan laugh. Whereas Liam wanted to strangle her for exposing him like that.

"You guys are really close.." Ryan softly says. "Yeah we've been through a lot of shit so I guess the bond is strong". Ash says.

From a distance, Ryan saw a male couple kissing and laughing. He felt uneasy looking at it. No matter what, it still irked him a little seeing all these homo couples. It was still new to him.

"If it makes you feel any better then there are straight people studying here too". Michelle joked, trying to ease the boy a bit.

"N-No...it's just that, I'm still trying to accept all this. I've never been exposed to such an environment so..."
"We get it, we're glad you're ready to change your thinking. Not everyone is like that you know". Emma says.

"Unlike your shitty parents". She thought.

-

"I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF TELLING YOU IDIOTS THAT YOU'RE MISSING SOMETHING IMPORTANT IN YOUR PERFORMANCE. YOU HAVE TIME TILL DECEMBER AND IF YOU DON'T FIGURE IT OUT BY THEN, I WILL TIE YOU TO THE CEILING!"

The dance instructor, she's sweet but when she's mad. Do. Not. Mess. With. Her.

Ryan was shaking in his boots while Ash had a neutral expression on his face. At this point he was bored. He simply came because of his love for piano. His music.