Hidden Ensnarement

"Tejasswi, finally I got rid of you. Farewell, my dear. Rest in peace." The nurse whispered.

Her joy knew no bounds, and she erupted into manic laughter. Yet, her glee was short-lived as she caught a glimpse of a subtle stir in Tejasswi's motionless frame.

Tejasswi's hand lifted; she discarded her oxygen mask, got up, and perched on the bed. "Sudha, Mom, you've got it all mixed up. I'm perfectly fine."

Sudha was left in stunned silence, and then anger welled up inside her like a storm. She clutched the syringe as if it were a dagger, thrusting it toward Tejasswi's neck. Just in the nick of time, Karan rolled out from beneath the bed and restrained her hand.

"Stop right there, Sudha Kundrra. Lay a finger on my wife, and you'll regret it."
Karan swiftly maneuvered, twisting Sudha's arm and securing it behind her back. He forced her into a chair, swiftly fastening her restraints. Then he yanked off her wig and glasses, exposing the disguise.

"Urgh." Sudha shook her head.

"Damn, that's one hell of a disguise. You had me completely fooled for a good while," Karan remarked, shooting a piercing glare at her face.

Sudha's gaze bore into Tejasswi, who appeared not only unruffled but with a triumphant smile on her lips.

"You're still breathing? I'll fix that, you cursed woman!" she screamed, wriggling in an attempt to break loose.

Amidst her relentless yelling and cursing aimed at Tejasswi, she strained every muscle to fight against her bindings. Karan swiftly returned with a glass of water, which he forcefully splashed onto her face, stripping away the dark disguise to reveal her true identity.

"Ahh Karan......." 

"Shut the f**k up."
With a loud exclamation, Karan pointed to his lips, signaling for her to hush and making a zipping motion across her mouth.

"You've had the audacity to harm my wife time and time again. What delusion led you to believe you could evade my justice?" Karan's voice carried a weight of authority and anger.

Though Karan's devilish aura jolted her, she maintained her cool and kept her composure. Meeting his fiery gaze head-on, a malicious smirk formed on her lips.

"Yes, I did. I exhausted every conceivable method. I even resorted to hiring goons for her abduction. The bomb plan was my own creation, but that cursed woman always managed to evade it. And you know why? Because I can't stand her. I despise her with every fiber of my being."

Sudha's admission cut through the air, her eyes ablaze with fury as they bore into Tejasswi.

"That's a loathsome facet of your personality. It's repulsive," Karan sneered, his eyes radiating intense hatred.

Sudha gazed into his eyes and erupted into maniacal laughter. "Haha, Karan, hate me as much as you like, but remember, I'm still your Sudha mom. I nurtured you with all the love in my heart, just like my own flesh and blood."

As he observed her audacious behavior, Karan's loathing for her deepened tenfold. "Even if you were my birth mother, I'd still refuse to forgive your wrongdoings."

"Don't delude yourself, my son. You possess no concrete proof against me. As for stumbling upon me here, I have a multitude of tales ready for just such an occasion," Sudha stated, radiating confidence.

After sharing a meaningful look, Karan and Tejasswi turned their attention to Sudha, chuckling with eyes that glittered mischievously.

"Despite raising me diligently, you remained oblivious to who I truly am."