𝟏𝟒. i'd never walk cornelia street again

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟰

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟰

"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐌𝐘," James smirked as he jogged to catch up with her, making her roll her eyes "Hello, Potter," Amelia murmured with spite.

James Potter is just being himself, never knowing when to stop, or... he just never gives up.

James laughed, "Happy to see me?" He put his arm over her shoulder. Amy shrugged off his arms, but James didn't seem affected.

James suddenly gasped, touching her hair, and twirling it between his fingers "Oh my god," He said dramatically "Did you cut your hair, there's something different with it,"

Amy pushed his hand off, "Don't touch me," Amelia said, glaring at him.

The awkward silence came, James still walking beside her.

"So..." he coughed "Meetings, huh?"

Amy nodded dismissively, trying to walk faster, but obviously with those annoying long legs of his, he caught up quickly. Amy rolled her eyes mentally. 

After the meeting ended, Amelia still couldn't get away from James until dinner. Even though she tried to ignore him and find a way to escape, she couldn't. He was so desperate, talking nonstop, finding an excuse to walk along with her. 

Amelia knew he was trying to fix things up between them, but she just couldn't. James did break her heart - and he knows it. 

He did end up leaving her alone when his friend - aka Sirius Black - called him to sit with him.

Amelia sighed as she sat on the bench with the girls. "Tough meeting?" Lily asked, concerned, as a former prefect, Lily knew how stressful it was at meetings. 

Amelia shook her head, making Lily a bit confused. "No... That son of a bitch, James," Amelia groaned " Sorry Euphemia," she added. 

As Amelia sat on the bench, she could feel the weight and stress lifting off her. Marlene frowned "Is he stalking you again?" Amelia nodded.

 "Alright, I'll tell him to fuck off the next morning, he's making us wake up at 5 again to practice," 

"Isn't Quidditch like months away?" Mary tilted her head in confusion. "Yeah, but apparently, he wanted to make sure we didn't forget how to play," Marlene said in an annoyed voice, making Amelia giggle a bit. 

"Just don't wake me up, I need my 8 hours of sleep," Lily commented, shoving in her mouth a forkful of spaghetti. "You practically wake up at 5, Lily," Amelia said, smiling at the girl sheepishly. "No, for your information, I wake up at 6-" 

"Which is still too goddamn early to start your day," Mary interrupted, making the other girls agree, in the result of Lily gasping dramatically, pretending to be offended, "I only wake up at 5 when the tests are coming," 

"Still," Amelia said, shrugging, making Lily groan in annoyance, a smile lingering on her lips. 

That night, Amelia settled quickly for bed, 'forcing' the other girls to quiet down so that she could sleep peacefully. The next thing she knew, a loud ringing noise filled her ears, making her groan as she sat up, groaning in annoyance when her sleep was interrupted. 

She looked over to Marlene, who was still asleep - it was probably her alarm - "Marlene!" She whisper-hissed as she walked over. Marlene groaned loudly, grabbing the alarm clock and throwing it in a random direction - which coincidently was at Amelia. 

The brunette quickly dodged and glared at the sleepy girl. "Mars!" Amelia said, louder now, shaking her body. "Wake up! You're late for Quidditch," 

The girl sat up immediately "Oh shit! James' gonna kill me!" She said, stumbling off the bed - to the bathroom. Amelia followed her. 

"Is it okay if I come too?"

Marlene nodded "Sure! Just don't distract James," She joked. 

Soon, they both got ready, it was now 5. Marlene sprinted out of the dorm to get to the pitch in time, as Amelia took her time and took a book before slowly making her way towards the pitch, taking a look around the castle in the early morning. 

The air was chilly, sun was not up yet, but not too dark. Amelia turned to a corner, bumping into someone. 

She stepped back to see the one and only, Regulus Black. The boy had gotten tall over the summer, now almost taller than her, he had gotten more handsome too. "Sorry!" She said quickly. 

The boy waved his hand dismissively, walking away. Rude Amelia thought, also walking away until the younger boy called her name. Amelia turned around, to see Regulus staring at her soul, making her shiver. 

"How's Sirius?" He asked coldly. "He's great," Amelia smiled. The boy cared about his brother, but she knew he would never admit it "You're welcome to join us by the way," She said hopefully, smiling softly at the boy before walking away. 

She noticed the boy standing there for a few seconds, staring at her back as she walked away before moving. 

She turned to the pitch, seeing people flying around. She bumped into someone yet again. 

Why do I keep bumping into people? She thought. 

She looked up at the taller figure to see none other than James Potter. Well shit, she can't run now, can she? 

"Hey," James smiled at Amelia. "Hey," She responded, trying to be nice. "Umm, why are you up so early? To watch me?" he smirked confidently. 

Amelia suppressed a chuckle but failed to do so "No, I'm here for Marlene," James' eyes light up when he heard her laugh, smiling along, "Sure," he said jokingly before walking away. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Just to take the supplies," He waved at her before running off. Amelia stared at his figure for some more seconds before walking to Marlene, who had just spotted her.