⋯• 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞 •⋯

Greetings!

First and foremost, thank you so much for considering this book. I know it takes guts to take time out of your day to read something on Wattpad, and I applaud you all for your courage.

I promise not to disappoint.

My name is Elijah C. Millington. I am a Caribbean-American author, designer, naval architect, photographer, and military officer who strives to write stories spanning different genres of the fictional world. Most of my stories are told from a creature's perspective -- diving deep into his or her thoughts while facing threats of the real world. And, if luck has it, drive home a life-long lesson for you to take away.

I love to challenge Wattpad clichés. That, and writing stuff that aren't common around here.

⋯•●:●•⋯

The story you are about to read, FINTAIL, is one of four projects I had planned for the 2023 season. It is the story with the highest vote-to-be-made count by my followers, despite its mysterious synopsis, and carries the most characters of any book that I've ever made. But I see it to be a thrilling adventure like no other, full of twists, humor, violence, chaos, aliens, and (of course) Spinosaurs!

Just in case you don't know what those are, here's a pic:

Now, I decided to write this book for many reasons. I wanted to create an original story, something outside of Jurassic Park Fanfictions and other forms of dinosaur pop culture. I wanted to also challenge myself in making diverse set of characters instead of single-dimensioned (and first-person) storytelling. And, for another, I hoped to build something unique for the Wattpad community, something that is neither a retelling nor romantic, and something that isn't quite human.

Something that, if good enough, can spiral into a fanfiction series of its own.

I also aimed this story to loosely tie to many moments of my own life. Revolving around the struggles of family matters, sibling rivalries, self-confidence, and self-discovery, FINTAIL feels like a split-retelling of past experiences, and the imaginative worlds I used to make up.

But I am not going to lie to you: this is the most heart-wrenching story I've ever made.

FINTAIL is a story straight out of a nightmare within a dream. It truly binds science fiction with primal-fantasy, and what it packs is a punch that may leave you in tears more often than you'd expect it. With a mix of The Book Thief, Gladiator, Disney's Dinosaur, and that one episode in Love, Death & Robots, you'll be wanting more... and praying for less to come as this Spinosaurus family faces the greatest fight of their lives.

Finally, I cannot go on without thanking you (my followers) for your love and support! It is because of you guys that this story exists, and I hope to build more adventures like this in the near future.

So sit back, relax, grab yourself a drink (or two), and prepare for something beyond your wildest expectations! And don't forget to add this story to your reading list to get updates on new chapters!

Enjoy!

⋯•●:●•⋯

STORY UPDATES WILL BE ON MONDAYS & FRIDAYS