CH ONE: a little party never killed nobody

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

VOL I   /  CHAPTER ONE

VOL I / CHAPTER ONE

       BRIDGET DIDN'T THINK SHE'D GET THAT FAR AT GODOLKIN UNIVERSITY. If anything, the whole place gave her an odd vibe. But, surprisingly, she has really grown since her first year. Her powers had developed for the better — and, for once, she didn't feel so evil. She'd probably never fully recover from her nightmarish past, but there was some progress.

Classes had yet to begin, so she spent some time on campus finishing up a book. Bridget had found a place outside, at a table with an umbrella shading her from sun. Her wired headphones were stuck in her ears, blasting classical music to keep her focused. She licked her thumb, flipping the flimsy page. The young woman was lost, in her own little world. Delving into the lives of the characters she read on the page. Theirs was more mundane than her own — she envied them. Slightly.

      She was killing some time before her appointment with Richard Brinkerhoff. Every semester she was called into his office for an update on her abilities, and if she had any concerns about them or anything else. Bridget wondered if anybody else had to consult a professor about their supe abilities on a semester basis — her gut told her otherwise. He'd told her to keep a notebook, to jot down any new occurrences. It made her feel like a test guinea pig, that's for sure. But, she did it without question.

     Tapping the screen on her phone, she checked the time. She had about thirty minutes before her appointment. Sighing, she closed her book and gathered her things. Slinging her tote bag over her  shoulder, she began walking to the Crimefighting building. Bridget eyed people beneath her obsidian glasses, watching them chat amongst their peers. Some people turned their heads as she passed them, waving and shouting greetings at her as if she were an unattainable celebrity. While it may have been weird — it sure as hell stroked her ego. The corners of her lips tilted, nodding her head in their direction.