Chapter 19: A Wedding

One Saturday in November, Rory, Logan, and the kids found themselves getting ready for April's wedding. While Amelia was the only one actually in the wedding party, as the flower girl, April asked that all family members wear the wedding color so they would match in pictures. Everyone was in Logan and Rory's room. Logan was helping the boys tie their ties and Rory was in the bathroom with Amelia doing hair and makeup. She'd already pulled Ollie's hair into a neat bun.

"Can I have makeup?" Amelia asked as she watched Rory do hers.

"You can wear some lip gloss if you want" Rory told her. "Pick one from my makeup bag and I'll help you put it on"

"Pink?" Amelia asked

"Sure" Rory said. "I'll put it on you when I'm done"

"What's that?"

"It's an eyelash curler" Rory told her

"It looks like it's meant to scoop your eyeballs out"

Rory laughed. "It just makes your eyelashes a little longer"

"Oh"

Once the kids were ready Rory and Logan sent them downstairs so that they could finish getting ready.

Logan walked into the bathroom where Rory was curling her hair and hugged her from behind. He didn't realize she had a curling iron in her hand and accidentally touched it. "Ow! Damn it!"

"Are you ok?" Rory asked

"Yeah" Logan said as he turned the sink on and put his hand under the cool water. "That's what I get for not paying attention"

"Does it hurt?"

"It's fine" Logan said. He turned the sink off and shook his hands dry. It was just a small burn, not a big deal. "You look gorgeous" He said as he went to kiss Rory

"Thank you"

"I mean it. My wife is hot"

"Your wife is 26 weeks pregnant, and this is the first time in a week she's wearing something other than sweatpants"

"Sweatpants are hot"

They got to the wedding early along with Lorelai and Luke, and the rest of April and her fiancé's families to take pictures.

They did a lot of waiting while the photographer played around with all the different combinations of people.

"How are you feeling?" Lorelai asked Rory

"Very pregnant"

"You look great"

"Thank you"

——

At the reception, Logan was dancing with the kids and Rory took a break to get some water. She was standing by the bar when a woman that Rory recognized walked over to her. Rory knew it was one of April's husband's family members, she just wasn't sure who exactly. She did know that her name was Sarah. "Feeling ok?"

"Yeah" Rory nodded "thanks"

"When are you due?" She asked. "If you don't mind me asking"

"I don't mind" Rory said. "February"

"Oh, that's soon"

"Not soon enough" Rory said. As much as she wanted the baby, she was not a fan of pregnancy.

"Not loving pregnancy?" Sarah chuckled

"Well, I've done it before so I knew what I was getting myself into, but I forgot how long it feels"

"How many kids do you have?"

"This is four"

"Wow"

Before Rory could say anything Amelia came running over to her. "Mama"

"What's up?" Rory asked

"I stepped on Logan's foot"

Rory chuckled. Only a child would run all the way over to her just to say that. "Is Logan ok?"

"Yup" Amelia said and walked away.

"Logan is one of your kids?" Sarah asked

"No. My husband" Rory said. "Her stepdad"

"Sorry, I didn't realize" Sarah said

"It's ok"

——

"Luke's losing his mind" Lorelai said as she sat down next to Rory at a table

"What?" Rory asked

"It finally hit him that his daughter isn't a kid anymore" Lorelai chuckled

"He's behind" Rory joked

"Yeah, my kid's about to have 4 of her own"

"No, that's not what I meant" Rory said. She'd meant it in the sense that April was almost 30 years old, and had just gotten married. Obviously she was an adult.

"I know what you meant"

"Is Luke ok?"

"Yeah, he's fine. He's doing the same thing he did when you told us you were pregnant the first time"

"Oh, that was funny"

"Yeah, it was" Lorelai said. "I like your dress by the way"

"Thank you. Amelia actually picked it out"

"She has good taste"

"Better than me"

——

They got home late, and put the kids to bed before going to get ready for bed themselves.

Rory was in the bathroom, taking her makeup off when Logan walked into the bathroom and hugged her from behind, resting his hands on her belly and his chin on her shoulder. "She's kicking"

"You're telling me as if it's not happening inside my body" Rory chuckled

"I'm just excited" Logan said

"I know. Me too"

"Although, I think the kids might be more excited than we are" Logan said

"That's because they don't have to name a human" Rory said and turned around in Logan's arms. They'd been trying to pick a name since finding out that they were having a girl, and they couldn't decide on something they both really liked.

"You'd think it'd be easy for us to agree on a name since we named our sons the same name" Logan said

"And yet this baby remains nameless"

"What about Grace?" Logan asked.

"What about Charlotte?" Rory asked

Logan and Rory just stared at each other for a moment before laughing.

Logan leaned forward and gently kissed Rory. "We'll find a name"

"I hope so"