Dreaded Fate.

Alice Clove, the youngest, and only one left of the Clove children. Alice was getting ready for her first season, knowing her destiny would follow all her 3 sister's footsteps. Married off to an old hag who barely has 3 months left of their lives, then forced to keep their husband's heritage going. She'd been dreading this spring, she knew her life would spiral into a pit, and she wished a horse would "accidentally" trample her to death.

She had mainly forgotten of her future life, until her final older sister, Lottie, had her wedding. It was a month before the new season was due to start, since they couldn't arrange an earlier date.

Alice found herself sat watching her sister's hope crumble when she saw the creature her mother promised her to at the altar. The spark in lottie's eyes was put out by a harsh blow of reality. Oh how Alice wished for a different future, perhaps travelling the world, or becoming an author, anything to avoid the world of horror her family forced them into.

Alice remembers being unable to sleep at night for months, her heart breaking at Lottie's cries at night , she could not imagine that same fate for herself. She wished to be on the market for a few years then mysteriously disappear to the other side of the world, although she had no idea where that place of dreams was.

She felt a small tear roll down her cheek watching her sister's hopes of a perfect love all come tumbling down into a deep hole of fire.

Soon the wedding bells rang, indicating that there was now only one Clove child left, only one to make money off, and that child was terrified.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Alice looked into the distance out of her carriage, she refused to move a muscle , because she was afraid her parents would bring up her future husband, and she was not quite ready.

The minute she got into her father's estate, she almost ran up to her room, immediately ordered Maya, her servant, to get her ready for bed, she wanted this horrible nightmare to end and she wanted it to end now.