- sneak peak pt 2 -

Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved.

SNEAK PEAK VIDEO GAME ADVENTURE: ELDER SCROLLS PART 2

✖ ✕ ✖

When it came down to it, being in a team wasn't really my style. If I had the choice between having a squad and being a lone wolf, I kinda liked being a wolf, even if it meant being on my own. But still, I had to admit that I liked the company of a few friends.

Unless there was a constant feud between them, then it just made things difficult.

"Everyone suited up?"

"Yup!"

"Better than ever!"

"Um... I guess? I mean, I don't really have a choice."

"Gawd, this is annoying. I'll be halfway through the dungeon if ya guys need me," Fynn's voice crackled through our headsets, his accent refreshingly different among our Wisconsinite accents.

Joni giggled and poked Fynn as he strode past us, but I doubt he felt it through his heavy armor. I much preferred the light weight of the elven armor, which gave me more speed in combat, but I supposed he didn't need it. He actually knew how to use a warhammer, as opposed to Landon's amateur attacks that involved haphazard whacks here and there.

Kole scowled after Fynn, annoyed by his lack of appreciation for the theatrics of the game. I bumped my shoulder against his to cheer him up before following after Fynn down the spiral staircase to what would be our doom.

I spawned just inside a cave-like tunnel, and was then approached by Fynn as he switched his voice just to my headset to whine, "Does he really have to be here? I mean, we could take this dungeon without 'im."

"Hush up and be nice, he knows what he's doing," I hissed at him, withdrawing my greatsword from its cover. "Quit whining about it."

He could probably sense I was whispering into the microphone, because I could see his demeanor change the moment I told him to keep moving. "You're with him right now, aren't you? You're at his house?"

"Well, yeah, if you're gonna be a butt about it." The group was all gathered together in the dungeon, and not having any choice, Fynn switched his sound back to involve all of us, even Kole, despite how much he loathed being bossed around by him.

They battled for the lead in the tunnel until Joni squeezed her way around them and marched off ahead, and her barge-through provided a gap between Kole and Fynn so I could follow after her. Landon, hugging his warhammer to his chest, stepped by as well.

The tunnel widened out and opened up to a flooded floor, the room raised up by worn stone columns weaving through to a staircase. Beyond the staircase, there was a balcony from which massive, bone-chilling spiders crept out and splashed into the water in their attempt to attack us. Joni laughed maniacally and blasted the first few with her strengthened fire spell, dodging all their icy attacks with quick steps to and fro.

I sliced my greatsword through spider after spider, and felt the increasing waves lap up my knees as I brushed shoulders with Kole. On my right, Fynn swung his weapon in my path, taking out the nearest spider.

"Hey, I had that one!" Kole complained.

"Better luck next time," Fynn retorted, and I could practically hear him stick his tongue out at Kole. I simply sighed and withdrew my weapon. They were taking out all the spiders for me.

We reached the top of the staircase and looted the area, taking with us regeneration potions, spell books, and anything of major value. Landon raised his hand up and shouted, "Look, I found a key!"